Shops are really feeling the pinch!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Walked into Currys today and thought the shop was closed as the lights were so dim! Same happened in Morrison the other day. Are shops trying to save money any way they can? I suppose their electric bill must be quite high and every little helps.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Gav - Summer is over - take your sunglasses off! :okay:

Sharky

Guru
One chain that seems to be always busy in store is Primark. They seem to buck the trend by not selling online. They do have a website, but cant buy online.

They seem to have adopted business model where they sell a huge variety of clothing that people want to buy at prices few can match.

Strange isn't it!

vickster

Legendary Member
One chain that seems to be always busy in store is Primark. They seem to buck the trend by not selling online. They do have a website, but cant buy online.

They seem to have adopted business model where they sell a huge variety of clothing that people want to buy at prices few can match.

Strange isn't it!
Not very strange. Be far more acceptable if their success was due to ethical manufacture rather than the exploitation of workers in factories in the developing world and with consideration for the environment around said factories....
There are of course other guilty parties in the world of fast fashion

Lullabelle

Banana
Walked into Currys today and thought the shop was closed as the lights were so dim! Same happened in Morrison the other day. Are shops trying to save money any way they can? I suppose their electric bill must be quite high and every little helps.

Morrisons allocate a certain time for people with autism, dimmed lights, no tannoy, till beeps turned down etc.,maybe that was why.

Lullabelle

Banana
Morrison’s stores run a quiet hour to make shopping more comfortable for people with autism etc - whereby the tills are silenced, music is off and lights are dimmed. Maybe Curry’s are doing the same?

Edit: Lullabelle beat me to it lol!

Ah, I had seen that at the local Morrisons but not realised why they did it!

I think it is a brilliant idea, work with people with different needs rather than alienate them.

Drago

Legendary Member
You mean hoping they were closed so you could crowbar your way in and fill your swag bag! ;)

Top Bottom