Short cycling tour of Essex - a triumph over heart failure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good write-up and lovely pictures of the Essex countryside: I remember some of those roads (on day 3) from my youth - I'm from Brentwood.

Makes me yearn for a return (in time and location :smile:).

OP
OP
Effyb4

Effyb4

Veteran
Good write-up and lovely pictures of the Essex countryside: I remember some of those roads (on day 3) from my youth - I'm from Brentwood.

Makes me yearn for a return (in time and location :smile:).

There certainly is some beautiful countryside in Essex. Taking the photos was a good way of getting our breath back and having a little break.

Three cheers! You certainly have dealt with heart failure well. A mother of a friend had it recently, as the end stage of a syndrome that slowly took everything away from her. I didn't realise what you could achieve in that state.

Bravo!

There are different stages of heart failure. I am lucky that I have stage 1. My heart is damaged and doesn't function as well as it should, but with the help of medication and exercising regularly, I am able to do most things. I just need to know my limits. I know that for people with more severe heart failure it can be difficult to do even the most basic things.

Thank you everyone I do appreciate all your lovely comments.

Stephen C

Über Member
Great write up, I live close to Saffron Walden and you've reminded me to explore that area again, some cracking roads around there!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Essex (he says for the umpteenth time) is a wildly underrated county - so thankyou for sharing

If you ever feel like doing the like again, do please consider going on from Maldon to Mersea, Harwich and then in to Suffolk. There's enough pleasure in it to make mileage more or less irrelevant.

OP
OP
Effyb4

Effyb4

Veteran
That sounds like a good route @dellzeqq I was planning on doing a slightly longer tour another time. I love exploring new places.

@Cathryn I am feeling much more healthy now and I firmly believe that the cycling is helping

Top Bottom