Short duathlon -transition advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
RickB

RickB

professional procrastinator
When is your Duathlon?
Apologies! I should have reported back to the thread to say how i got on.

I completed it about 3 weeks back. Didn't have much time for running training so that was always going to be the weak part.
Field of 60 people. Ran the first 2 miles in 15 minutes and was somewhere midfield I reckoned. Changed shoes fairly swiftly and jumped on the bike, slowly picking off other competitors. Thought I'd passed about 10-12 bikes before returning to the transition. Fumbled the change slightly due to tiredness and slowly took off for the final run. Even walked a couple of parts of it I was so knackered!

Expected a lot of runners to come past but surprisingly only one guy did so finished 17th. Total time of 1hr 5mins.

Enjoyed it so have signed up for a mountain bike duathlon sat 5th March. :smile: 2 mile run each side of a 9 mile mtb course.

Gert Lush

Apologies! I should have reported back to the thread to say how i got on.

I completed it about 3 weeks back. Didn't have much time for running training so that was always going to be the weak part.
Field of 60 people. Ran the first 2 miles in 15 minutes and was somewhere midfield I reckoned. Changed shoes fairly swiftly and jumped on the bike, slowly picking off other competitors. Thought I'd passed about 10-12 bikes before returning to the transition. Fumbled the change slightly due to tiredness and slowly took off for the final run. Even walked a couple of parts of it I was so knackered!

Expected a lot of runners to come past but surprisingly only one guy did so finished 17th. Total time of 1hr 5mins.

Enjoyed it so have signed up for a mountain bike duathlon sat 5th March. :smile: 2 mile run each side of a 9 mile mtb course.

Result! :smile: I have aims of doing one later in the year hopefully. Need to start training first though.

Top Bottom