Short reach,shallow drop handlebars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woohoo

Veteran
You could look at the Bontrager VR Race which have a reach of 85mm and a drop of 135mm and the Deda Newton Shallow which have a reach of 80mm and a drop of 135mm.

Despite the similarity of the dimensions, the bars have quite different shapes; the Bontrager is "flatter" at the top of the bends and the Dedas have a more traditional "round" profile on the bends.

I changed to a FSA Omega Compact recently and its made a huge difference to my riding - I'm now quite happy to ride on the drops and access to levers for braking and shifting is much better. 125mm drop, 80mm reach.

g00se

Veteran
How about a set of "On One Midge" bars? Drop 112mm, 64.5 mm reach - but a bit flared (mountain bike drops).

surly03.geschaald.jpg

I tried a Midge before I went to the FSA - the 'drop' part is very short - the ends of the bars dug into my palms rather than support them. They need to be 2" longer - I did tell On One but they haven't taken my advice on board as yet ... and they do put the shifters at an odd angle.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
New Horizon said:
I changed to a FSA Omega Compact recently and its made a huge difference to my riding - I'm now quite happy to ride on the drops and access to levers for braking and shifting is much better. 125mm drop, 80mm reach.

Me too, they're cheap and fab... agree with all the above. From Parker international IIRC.

How about a set of "On One Midge" bars? Drop 112mm, 64.5 mm reach - but a bit flared (mountain bike drops).

surly03.geschaald.jpg

I saw full drops on a Mtb before and thought they looked plug ugly but those look much better ;)

D

Deleted member 1258

kyuss

Veteran
Another fan of FSA Omega here. I've never been so comfortable in the drops before. Another benefit for me is the nice flat transition from the tops to the hoods. Love 'em.

Top Bottom