Shortages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is it because everyone is stocking their pantrys in case of shortages. I cant find any sunflower oil, which is well publicised. The lack of white vinegar on shelves is less known. Is everyone pickling ?
Mustard is the latest scare.
What else is missing from your local supermarket?

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Common sense is very much in short supply I hear.

Is it because everyone is stocking their pantrys in case of shortages. I cant find any sunflower oil, which is well publicised. The lack of white vinegar on shelves is less known. Is everyone pickling ?
Mustard is the latest scare.
What else is missing from your local supermarket?

That's strange, I bought White Vinegar last time as they had no Brown. Happy with either now really.

Olives for me, sometimes there'll be plenty, other times absolutely none. :sad:

vickster

Legendary Member
No pita bread in Aldi. A shame as I was looking forward one stuffed with fish fingers and mixed salad

Go to another shop? Corner shops often sell pittas, or Mediterranean supermarkets

Go to another shop? Corner shops often sell pittas, or Mediterranean supermarkets

Unfortunately the other 2 local shops (smaller express style shops) are more expensive than the 1 supermarket in town. I've normally just done without something if they didn't have any.

Customer service

Hehe my supermarket does not have a customer service desk, but the staff on the shop floor are always helpful!

Top Bottom