Shortages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Unfortunately the other 2 local shops (smaller express style shops) are more expensive than the 1 supermarket in town. I've normally just done without something if they didn't have any.

Hehe my supermarket does not have a customer service desk, but the staff on the shop floor are always helpful!

I was making the suggestion to @Dave7 who wanted his FF pitta :okay:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Milk powder which I use in a bread recipe. It does affect the rise somewhat to my surprise. None in Tesco and told it could be another month before any in stock. Tried M&S and was to be directed to longlife milk. The assistant had no idea it was different:wacko: but they never stock it anyway. None in Aldi or Lidl either.

presta

Guru
There isn't any one item in particular, I've just noticed that things go out of stock more often, and stay out of stock for longer (sometimes months). Yesterday there were no bananas in Tesco, but Sainsburys had a rare collection of yellow ones.

The other day I was totting up the amount of fresh fruit and veg that's now sold pre-packed in quantities that a single person can't use. I'm planning to go back with the calculator when I get round to it, but as best as I could estimate in my head it was about 85% of their stock.

vickster

Legendary Member
The other day I was totting up the amount of fresh fruit and veg that's now sold pre-packed in quantities that a single person can't use. I'm planning to go back with the calculator when I get round to it, but as best as I could estimate in my head it was about 85% of their stock.
Like what? I don't have an issue with fruit and veg package sizes - I do eat a lot of certain things though and rarely throw anything out. Occasionally liquid cucumber, a mouldy tomato, I don't eat many potatoes but a 4 pack of small baking are ok

D

Deleted member 1258

There isn't any one item in particular, I've just noticed that things go out of stock more often, and stay out of stock for longer (sometimes months). Yesterday there were no bananas in Tesco, but Sainsburys had a rare collection of yellow ones.

I usually buy from the market, but the predominance of pound a bowl fruit is a pain for those that are only buying for one or two people.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Lemon curd until last week when we found some in Asda ^_^

Dave7

Legendary Member
Milk powder which I use in a bread recipe. It does affect the rise somewhat to my surprise. None in Tesco and told it could be another month before any in stock. Tried M&S and was to be directed to longlife milk. The assistant had no idea it was different:wacko: but they never stock it anyway. None in Aldi or Lidl either.

I can lend you some ^_^

Top Bottom