Shorts for recumbent riding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marc-triker

Veteran
i will stick to my long trousers the i can tuck in2 my socks if needed 2 eliminate wind n wasp problems. my legs look better covered up lol.
N-ick i need you to answer you phone as i have a number for you.

stevew

squeaker said:
Endura 3/4 Humvees (with a modified leg bottom hem - elastic cord + sliding toggles - as I couldn't get on with the standard closure, never used the standard liner). Zipped pockets work very well - can carry mobile + money etc..

Yes I like these as well and didn't have any problems with the leg closures. Work well for me on my Bacchetta Cafe.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Any shorts you fancy, ranging from athletics stuff through to hillwalking gear. I wear a pair of swimming trunks under mine. Personally I can't see the point of wearing lycra on a bent as it brings no specific advantages and you are always, always going to look a bit silly wearing lycra once you have moved more than six feet from your bike.

PaulM

Guru
Problem with lycra padded cycle shorts

I've only tried normal lycra padded cycle shorts a couple of times on a recumbent trike and I've ended up getting rather sore on a longer ride. How do I put this delicately? Well, in the words of "There's something about Mary" we are talking beans here not frank. :wacko: The padded part of cycle shorts are normally held in place by a saddle so it doesn't move and cause chafing, whereas on a laid back recumbent trike lo and behold it moves.

3tyretrackterry

after a day in the sun on sunday(aptly named) i would recommend long trousers for long rides my thighs really caught the sun with my lower legs coming a close second. My legs are now being used as a paint colour chart:biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom