Shorts for shorter guys.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amac

Hi ya,
I am a bit of a shorty, 5”5”.......so I have always stayed away from ‘proper” cycling shorts and use padded boxers. As I am always worried they will be too long in the leg.
Does anyone know of a brand aimed at us shorties......:smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
Castelli for example give an inseam measurement. However, they get longer as the size increases, so depends if you’re a very slender 5’5 or more rounded 5’5
Just check the size guides.

Women’s shorts come in different lengths Eg Gore or Pearl Izumi, but that probably doesn’t help (maybe mens the same)

you may just have to try a few brands and different models on

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Amac

Castelli for example give an inseam measurement. However, they get longer as the size increases, so depends if you’re a very slender 5’5 or more rounded 5’5
Just check the size guides.

Women’s shorts come in different lengths Eg Gore or Pearl Izumi, but that probably doesn’t help (maybe mens the same)
Cheers, it is that inside inseam length that’s important, even more so if as I am a little “rounded” or as I say “cuddly” lol......

vickster

Legendary Member
I can’t imagine any pair will come below your knee? Men’s cycling shorts do seem to be worn longer

OP
OP
A

Amac

I can’t imagine any pair will come below your knee? Men’s cycling shorts do seem to be worn longer
Oh I am sure, I am a shortie, and I don’t think you can try them on in the LBS......I will have a look at Castelli range.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I hate long shorts and always cut them down mine are like hot pants:blush:,
Oh. matron!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I have the same problem. Apart from making fantastic bib shorts Assos offer short and long Ieg versions in some ranges.

The price will probably make your eyes bleed but IMO worth every penny.

OP
OP
A

Amac

I have the same problem. Apart from making fantastic bib shorts Assos offer short and long Ieg versions in some ranges.

The price will probably make your eyes bleed but IMO worth every penny.
Cheers, if I can get a pair that fits I will be happy.....

screenman

Legendary Member
Planets 365 are great for my 28 inch legs, they have a thick grip band that can be rolled under if required, from about £29.95, great value mine have done a lot of miles with no sign of wear.

Mrs M

Guru
Tommy V
King of short shorts :ohmy:

Top Bottom