Shorts or undershorts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randochap

Senior hunter
I have a pair of these that include lightweight "undershorts" w/ chamois. I rarely use the undershorts and mostly just wear the cotton outers as everyday shorts.

The undershorts however are good to wear under tights or as a second pair of shorts, next to the skin, under another proper pair of lycra shorts, with winter knee warmers or tights on very cold days. They aren't suitable to wear alone, unless I feel like shocking the neighbourhood ... they're pretty much transparent.

bonj2

MacB said:

Wrong.

buddha

Veteran
bonj said:
Well there is. what's the actual function of the "over"shorts? None. That's why cyclists don't tend to wear them.
They have an asthetic function.
Asthetics is important to many cyclists;)

smeg

For those of you that wear lycra shorts rather than ordinary ones with pockets - what do you do when you want to blow your nose / wipe the sweat out of your eyes/off your forehead, and where do you keep your wallet when you go into a shop?

bonj2

smeg said:
For those of you that wear lycra shorts rather than ordinary ones with pockets - what do you do when you want to blow your nose

either use a tissue, or hold one side of the nose and blow the other onto the road
make sure there aren't any other cyclists in the way first though, doesn't matter about cars though ;)

smeg said:
/ wipe the sweat out of your eyes/off your forehead, and where do you keep your wallet when you go into a shop?

I keep mine in my jersey's back pocket. It's safe there and isn't in the way. When I got into a shop I retrieve it from there and put it back when I come out again. HTH... :laugh:

dav1d

I got two pairs of the lycra style shorts from Halfords for approx £19.50 - they have a buy one get one half price sale on at the moment. If you get them, reserve online (you can pay in store when you collect them) as otherwise, think it's about £32 for two if you just go to the shop.

Chrisc

Guru
bonj said:
either use a tissue, or hold one side of the nose and blow the other onto the road
make sure there aren't any other cyclists in the way first though, doesn't matter about cars though :sad:

I keep mine in my jersey's back pocket. It's safe there and isn't in the way. When I got into a shop I retrieve it from there and put it back when I come out again. HTH... :biggrin:

+1 on the nose blowing! Other bits, keys, phone, money, go in my small saddle bag under the seat. I can't abide anything clanking around in my pockets when riding.

Top Bottom