"Shot in backstays"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
30 years and counting on my handbuilt SLX with fastback. Looks miles better than on the sides

This is why I hope I was avoiding scaremongering. . I have shot in on a 25 year old frame and I suspect the previous owner was putting out a lot more power than me :laugh:but they are fine.

Who built yours ? Like most things in life,if they are done properly there are no problems

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
This is why I hope I was avoiding scaremongering. . I have shot in on a 25 year old frame and I suspect the previous owner was putting out a lot more power than me :laugh:but they are fine.

Who built yours ? Like most things in life,if they are done properly there are no problems

Frank Herety and a Ribble built by Terry Dolan

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
This is how it's done ! ^_^

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I think the reason for the rarity of shot-in stays was the time needed to size them accurately. You won't have much margin for error before you render the stays either scrap or only suitable for a smaller frame.
Conventional stays would be easer to offer up to the frame when cutting. Off the peg frames have consistent and easily mass-produced individual tube dimensions,, whereas on custom frames with so many rider-related variables can't have their parts pre-sized in bulk in the same way.

Top Bottom