Should chip shop curry sauce have................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
[QUOTE 2809147, member: 1314"]Yep. Heat 4 mins, centre is moist and bloody yet oatsy. Lovely. I was going to post a photo of it cooked but it looked like a dislocated knob so didn't bother.[/quote]

You wanna slice it and fry it.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
You wanna slice it and fry it.

It's the only way.

vernon

[QUOTE 2809191, member: 1314"]I was trying to recreated the Edinburgh chippy look. If I had the battering skills...[/quote]

I'll lend you my mallet.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
[QUOTE 2809201, member: 1314"]I did fry it. Just fried whole.[/quote]

Whenever we have black pudding we cut it into two halves.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Sacrilege. :cursing:

vernon

It's a hyped chippie.

Could it be serving the tastiest food because it declares that it serves the best tasting food and scores a pre-emptive strike on the taste buds?

i was underwhelmed by the Magpie fish and chip shop in Whitby and Bryan's in Leeds both self decalring their excellence whereas a small unassuming chippie in a ginnel at the bottom of the hill at Robin Hoods Bay served fish and chips that I've yet to find beaten on flavour, texture and appearance.

As for Harry Ramsdens - I didn't mourn its closure.

sackville d

Veteran
It's a hyped chippie.

Could it be serving the tastiest food because it declares that it serves the best tasting food and scores a pre-emptive strike on the taste buds?

i was underwhelmed by the Magpie fish and chip shop in Whitby and Bryan's in Leeds both self decalring their excellence whereas a small unassuming chippie in a ginnel at the bottom of the hill at Robin Hoods Bay served fish and chips that I've yet to find beaten on flavour, texture and appearance.

As for Harry Ramsdens - I didn't mourn its closure.
My God ,man! It`s got its own web site...What more do you want?

In all honesty Vernon my favourite is the Wharf Street Chippie in Sowerby Bridge.Very trad ,plain and delicious:thumbsup:

vernon

My God ,man! It`s got its own web site...What more do you want?

In all honesty Vernon my favourite is the Wharf Street Chippie in Sowerby Bridge.Very trad ,plain and delicious:thumbsup:

I pay it a visit the next time I'm out that way. AJ's in Hebden Bridge made a promising start. I believe that it was sold on by the woman who started it and it has since closed down.

Top Bottom