Should chip shop curry sauce have................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Grandma Polards, Walsden.

Ragpud, chips,peas and curry.

If anyone can beat that, i'd like to know.

If I were running a chippy, I would leave sultanas out of my curry sauce. But for me personally, I would include them. But, then again, I am weird......

sackville d

Veteran
Handmade steak and kidney suet pud. Think Hollands' that your nan made you. Good stuff.
I may ride up there this dinner time and check one out.That is a good chippie.:hungry:
As for sultanas in curry sauce,wow are we having another 70`s revival?

Oh c**k,just checked and they dont open weekends:cry:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
What has surprised me is the lack of any mention of spam fritters.

My perfect chippie would serve

Battered fish
Chips
Mushy peas
Pickled onions
Spam fritter
Battered haggis
Battered black pudding

In a tray lined with pages from the Sunday Post large enough to accommodate them all and charge a fiver for the post pub repast.

No need for any sauces and condiments if the fryer is worth his salt.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
xx(xx(

Does anyone remembet those horrible Findus curries in the 70s. They always had sultanas in them
So did the dried boil in a bag Vesta curries of the same time. At the time I liked them until I had my first real curry:tongue:. So back to the OP. NOOOOOOO sultanas in curry .

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
So did the dried boil in a bag Vesta curries of the same time. At the time I liked them until I had my first real curry:tongue:. So back to the OP. NOOOOOOO sultanas in curry .

Thats what I was thinking of, vesta curries. The old alzheimers again. Disgusting things they were.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
[QUOTE 2808945, member: 1314"] In the end I bought a cod and saveloy, then went to Budgens on the way home and bought a black-pudding.
[/quote]

Budgens sells Clonakilty black pudding?

:becool:

U

User33236

Of all the things I miss now living in England chippy things come top. Back home they batter everything; sausages, black pudding, haggis, burgers and even pizza. Now I'm lucky to find haggis or black pudding even without batter :sad:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
[QUOTE 2809147, member: 1314"]Yep. Heat 4 mins, centre is moist and bloody yet oatsy. Lovely. I was going to post a photo of it cooked but it looked like a dislocated knob so didn't bother.[/quote]

Our Caucasian friends might be unable to relate to this.

Top Bottom