Should cycle helmet threads be legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Shouldn't this be in beginners with the other thread? :rolleyes:

Bicycle

Should cycle helmet threads be legal? Or compulsory? Maybe we should start a poll

What everyone seems to have failed to notice is that there is no definitive research proving (or even indicating) that cycle-helmet threads save lives.

It's all very well having this discussion, but I have a friend who knows a man who used to work next door to a busy A&E Department. He said that they had seven patients in every year whose injuries he put down to reading and engaging in cycle-helmet threads.

This is a serious issue and we will not achieve clarity and consensus if people continue to post the sort of ill-considered, small-minded, opinionated drivel we've seen too much of already.

I'm so worked up about this that I even disagree with myself.

It just makes me so cross!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The vast body of peer-reviewed papers, ( and there is consensus amongst all but the most corrupt "voodoo helmet scientists"), suggest that helmet threads are actually a jolly good cure for insomnia. Obviously more research is needed.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
What everyone seems to have failed to notice is that there is no definitive research proving (or even indicating) that cycle-helmet threads save lives.

I think they do* because if you're on this site, saying about how you don't wear a helmet and having others tell you that you're going to die or be a vegetable dependent on others wiping your bottom, then you're not out partaking in the unquestionably lethal activity of cycling.

*which is as good as 25 years of research.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I think we should have a forum rule where whatever opinion the OP has about helmets only those who agree with him/her should be allowed to post on that thread.

Then we can all live in harmony and concentrate on important issues like world peace and ending poverty and saving the planet and all that stuff.

tyred

Legendary Member
Making helmet threads compulsory would be just the thin end of the wedge. The compulsory hi-viz thread, the compulsory SPD pedal thread and the compulsory chain oil/WD40 thread would follow.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
My Auntie works in A&E and she says that in her opinion...... oops sorry wrong thread

tyred

Legendary Member
I have it on very good account from my best friend's aunty's cousin's brother in law's daughters boyfriend's sister's landlord's wife who works in a hospital that 80% of head injuries from helmet threads could have been prevented by wearing a helmet while using a computer.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
There should be a sticky thread for cycle helmets with just one post that says "your choice" and no further comments allowed.

Just as long as there isn't a sticky thread for hi-viz jackets; they make the velcro come undone too easily.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I wouldn't go near a wall without a helmet on. Or a floor or a ceiling.

We owe it to the children to set an example.

yes we must think of the children..

thudguard_blue_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom