Should I become a teacher?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kovu

Über Member
Young Un said:
depends what type of school you want to teach out - like at a grammar school like mine or a private school i probably wouldnt mind but i know some kids at normal schools are right twats that are only at school cus they have to be

I only went to school because I have to. I only go to college because I don't know what else to do. I don't really do homework, or pay particular attention. Does that class me as a twat then because I didn't go to a posh school?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Young Un said:
yes if you do become a teacher please please dont give out loads of homework or detensions - the kids will hate you and then never do anywork for you - it happened in our french class last year:biggrin: - although its not really something to be proud of:blush:

chav

Young Un said:
oh and now i dont have to learn french - woohoo

What's good about that?

What happens if/when you go cycling to France and can't communicate cos you thought it was cool to drop French at school!

Or if/when you meet a really fit French girl and can't communicate cos you thought it was cool to drop French at school!

Foresight is better than hindsight! Do something about it - now! :evil:

Kovu

Über Member
Oh and Cathrine I think it's a worthwhile job if you'll enjoy it. We had a teacher in high school who was so commited but made the lesson extremely enjoyable. He taught english and media and got the highest pass rate in the school, but somehow made the class extremely fun and we learnt at the same time.

Do it, languages is a fun one as well, you won't get anyone who doesn't want to do it I think.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Dayvo said:
What's good about that?

What happens if/when you go cycling to France and can't communicate cos you thought it was cool to drop French at school!

Or if/when you meet a really fit French girl and can't communicate cos you thought it was cool to drop French at school!

You use hand signals;)

Young Un

Dayvo said:
What's good about that?

ah but i havent given up languages - i used to do german and french - got on with german and didnt get on with frnech - and so choose to do german for gcse

Young Un

Kovu said:
I only went to school because I have to. I only go to college because I don't know what else to do. I don't really do homework, or pay particular attention. Does that class me as a twat then because I didn't go to a posh school?

no - right im gonna change that post to hopefully make everyone happy

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
If your area of work is going to be a city, I would forget it. My sister-in-law took early retirement last year after spending her carreer at a comp in east London. The tales she told would make me walk into work with an automatic rifle and write myself into the history books.

She now looks ten years younger than when she was working.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
It is quite a scary prospect...there's so much I like about the idea but the thought of teaching a french class to Joe, Young Un and Kovu is quite intimidating!! I guess that's what you learn during the teaching.

Hmmm...need to do some thinking. Dayvo, thanks for the wisdom (and correct name ) :evil:

Top Bottom