Should I buy it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Janeyb

My old hack of a commuter Carrera is on it's last legs and I have the chance of picking up a Marin Muirwoods 2007 model from a friend who is selling it. It's got Conti slicks, SKS mudguards a decent rack, has been fully serviced and new bottom bracket recently. She want's the grand total of 70 squid. Can't really turn it down can I as the extras like mudguards, rack etc probably cost about that!?!?!? Problem is she already has two others interested so have to wait in line! Typical. Anyway...just wondered if anyone has an opinion on whether it's an ok bike or not.

iacula

If it was offered to me I'd take it, whether or not I was happy with my current bike. At that price its a gift!

OP
OP
Janeyb

Janeyb

yeah I'm keeping my fingers crossed. had a look at it this morning and it is a little battered and bruised from a crash she had last year, but only cosmetic which you expect on a well used bike. Set my heart on it now but bet I don't get it.

c2c

redredrobin
Janeyb said:
yeah I'm keeping my fingers crossed. had a look at it this morning and it is a little battered and bruised from a crash she had last year, but only cosmetic which you expect on a well used bike. Set my heart on it now but bet I don't get it.

i set my heart on an old school reynolds framed mid 70s/80s racer........... scoured e bay, kept getting outbid. but guess wot, bid on a 531 holdsworth and i won...yee haa....£65, pick up from surrey sun morn.......... be positive janeyb, bet you will get it...............:smile:

Top Bottom