Should I go recumbent???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@Cunobelin - "Puddle surfing" - :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wahhey: :wahhey: :rofl: :rofl:

If you know the roads and it is safe to do so - then there is nothing like a couple of inches of water at 20 mph on a recumbent trike

What a fantastic post, and more than expert advice, exactly what I was looking for, so thank you OP for posting it!

I had a nasty accident four years ago, and have been left with arthritis in both feet and a bad shoulder.
Needless to say, since then, riding (and losing weight) has helped, however I suffer with my shoulder on long rides, and my feet really suffer in bad weather (I ride all year around).

I thought I'd have a gander in here, and I'm glad I did, as I've been considering a 'bent for a while.
The advice about storage was the one I was considering myself, and I'm glad it's been put bluntly. As I've not long moved back home, and storage is limited, we don't have a garage or anything, and with my DF I can leave it easily in one room, walk it through the house before/after rides and it's all sorted, whereas the 'bent, I wouldn't be able to do it, especially as we have steps leading up to the front door.

Shame really, but will be looking out to try a 'bent at some point. One can only dream I get a garage with my next house.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
My trike now lives in the garage, but for quite some time it was stored upright in the hallway, just a wooden chock under the rear wheel, front wheels on the wall. Simple but effective.

classic33

Leg End Member
My trike now lives in the garage, but for quite some time it was stored upright in the hallway, just a wooden chock under the rear wheel, front wheels on the wall. Simple but effective.
Brox secured outside, in a simiar position. Also strapped at the top to ensure it stays upright.

Thanks guys, I'll still stay clear until I've something a bit more permanent (and I'd rather have a garage/shed to store it in personally).

Doesn't help that my LBS work with DF mainly. In all the years the shop has been open, they've only worked on one 'bent, whereas I'd rather take it to someone who deals with them regularly.
Nevermind, when I eventually get travelling, I'll try one abroad (watch out Holland!) :smile:

Not sure that I agree about the Catrike only being a summer beast...........

DSCF00022.jpg

P1070053.jpg

I'm now famous!!!!!!

The first photo is being used by Terratrike as an example of their Fairings in bad weather!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I'm now famous!!!!!!

The first photo is being used by Terratrike as an example of their Fairings in bad weather!
NOW ??? :scratch:

You've always been famous on CC ! :hugs: ... wisdom, credibility, humour, friendliness ... all so much missing in evidence in all your posts ! :laugh:

:giggle: :giggle:

starhawk

When I had the Mountainbike I had it in my flat, there was a convenient spot behind the sofa, and I carried it down to the street. But the trike is much larger and heavier especially after adding the e-trike kit so I have it in the garage, my brothers garage to be specific. It is in the inner left corner of the garage and my brothers car is to the rigth, works fine!

Top Bottom