Should I keep it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

afraser78

Hi all

This is my daughters bike and she is refusing to upgrade to a new bike (her dad's choice). She's 14 but loves the style.

Should I pay to have it serviced or sell it? It's on ebay for now.

Attachments

• 20150504_204450.jpg
    20150504_204450.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 139

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Nice bike

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
:scratch:I feel you are talking to the wrong person, surely that should be your daughters decision.
One good reason why you would want to override her wish?

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Presuming she hasn't outgrown it. Service it and let her ride it. She'll never thank her parents for just selling it, no matter how shiny the replacement might be.

If she's too big for it despite adjustment, you could go shopping for other mixte framed bikes and see if she can be tempted away. But unless it's truly tiny for her, keep it running until she's ready to change.

KneesUp

Guru
Presuming she hasn't outgrown it. Service it and let her ride it. She'll never thank her parents for just selling it, no matter how shiny the replacement might be.

If she's too big for it despite adjustment, you could go shopping for other mixte framed bikes and see if she can be tempted away. But unless it's truly tiny for her, keep it running until she's ready to change.
The picture doesn't suggest it's been outgrown ...

OP
OP
afraser78

afraser78

I don't want to get rid of, this is my husbands choice . He says it will be too hard for her to ride the trails we will be taking due to its weight. she was riding a mtb in the store today and liked it. This after I dismantled her bike to get new wheels, tyres and saddle for her.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I don't want to get rid of, this is my husbands choice . He says it will be too hard for her to ride the trails we will be taking due to its weight. she was riding a mtb in the store today and liked it. This after I dismantled her bike to get new wheels, tyres and saddle for her.
Fine let her have an MTB just don't sell the old bike (nowt wrong with someone owning more than one bike, there are 12 here between my 10 and Maz's 2)

Top Bottom