Should I or shouldn't I - Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
£129 on the big river at the moment, has anyone got one of these as all the reviews seem to be very positive?

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I know nothing of horse racing or betting on them. :huh:

I have the Redmin10 - not sure if it's the same (bought in a hurry in Colombia).
Great phone but...... I find the camera terrible.
It replaced a Redmi 8 which had a superior camera. I became so frustrated with it that I bought a Redmi 8 again for the photos.

If a camera isn't that important to you then that is a good deal

Tech radar rate it. Lots of "performance of phones twice the price" and that's when considering it at full price of £269. Decent macro lens, fiat back but plastic sides and buttons. 6.67 inch screen if you like big screens. What about 5g? Round here we're lucky to get 4g sometimes but with 3g supposedly being turned off soon I wonder if they'll do the same with 4g in the life of your next phone? Probably not so I don't think lack of 5g is a problem. Not least because I rarely visit cities and towns I do visit are probably among the last to get 4g let alone 5g. IMHO 5g is a city thing in the UK and really isn't important.

IMHO I think it's a good buy right now from amazon warehouse. It's got me thinking....

It's not the same, this is the 10 Pro. The pro version is totally different. More ram, bigger internal memory, much better chip (iirc snapdragon 730 vs 630 so a whole generation better. 120hz oled screen not 60 or 90hz, 6gb ram not 4gb. Better camera with a workable macro too.

Even the redmi note 11 isn't as good as the 10 Pro model.

I think if you're happy with a mix of decent spec with make to a price compromises it's a gd option. The case is not great but the cheapo headphone jack is actually a plus IMHO. High end phones should keep them too IMHO.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I've got the ,Poco X3 Pro ,same family, and it's quite a good phone. Rather have an iPhone but can't justify it.
For that price I'd snap it up.
I couldn’t find that price on Amazon. Are you sure that’s new with the correct specs? There is. Note 10S which is cheaper.
Edit: Seen it now, it’s a Prime offer. I should snap it up before they’re gone.

Last edited:
I bought a Redmi for my other half about a month ago.

It is very obviously a cheaper model. It's fine, though you do need to remember to switch off the adverts. Say "no" to every question it repeatedly asks you.

vickster

Legendary Member
A friend has one, happy with it and says that’s a very good price!!

Not sure i like the data mining part. I wonder if I can put my club card points towards something better from Tesco's? :blush:

I'll Google it and find out.

Why are all the website ads showing redmi phones all of a sudden? 😆

PS last but one UK census was processed by an American company on US based servers with the not that freshly pressed US patriot act in play. You don't think US have data mined the ass out of you already?

Top Bottom