Should I throw out my collection of vinyl?

Should I fling out my collection of vinyl

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Threw mine away years ago, after hoarding them, unplayed for years.
When i did play em, they were scratched and bloody awful to listen to.

Mr Pig

postman;324346Ii used to put the mike to the telly everyone had to keep quiet for half an hour. So I could tape top of the pops.[/quote said:
Oh man, I think everyone did that! I can remember on Sunday there were two chart shows back to back, one on Radio One and the other Radio Clyde, and I used to sit there taping songs for two hours! The tricky bit was trying to fade out the song before the DJ talked over the end ;0)

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
I occasionally browse through the record fair in Spitalfields and am amazed at the prices of some of my albums. Shame I can't find someone to give me that price of them.
I spent hours ripping the bootlegs and other ones I can't find to download, but still can't bring myself to get rid of them.

yello

mr_cellophane said:
I spent hours ripping the bootlegs and other ones I can't find to download.

It takes ages doesn't.... but at least it's a way to listen to all your vinyl! I'm about 1/3 the way through mine.

postman

Legendary Member
Betty swollocks.Thanks for the memories.And a few more used to do the same.I am not very good with all this new technology.But i am amazed at what my two girls can do on this computer.And the tiny,tiny ipod thing.But i have the memories.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
If you are honest with yourself the only thing you are really worried about with this kind of decision is change - so don't be attached to things! Giving things away is great, especially when they might give pleasure to someone else.

Mr Pig

Flying_Monkey said:
don't be attached to things! Giving things away is great, especially when they might give pleasure to someone else.

Very good point. I have lots of things that I like but try not to get so attached to things that I'd be gutted if I lost them, which is easier said than done! I often wonder if the less stuff you have the happier you are...

Top Bottom