Should I throw out my collection of vinyl?

Should I fling out my collection of vinyl

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lord of the Teapot said:
I'm keeping mine... Even the Boney M LP!

:wacko::ohmy: :ohmy:

Mr Pig

I have a record cabinet in, although I also have records sitting in piles in various places, but I'm quite ruthless these days. Every now and then I'll 'cull' a few records as I get more and will only allow myself to keep what I have space for. I've given away hundreds of records over the years but still have the important ones, the ones I like.

Wolf04

Mr Pig said:
I have a record cabinet in, although I also have records sitting in piles in various places, but I'm quite ruthless these days. Every now and then I'll 'cull' a few records as I get more and will only allow myself to keep what I have space for. I've given away hundreds of records over the years but still have the important ones, the ones I like.

Exactly what I do too, only my collection is exclusively CD these days. I'm looking hopefully to transfer everything to a huge hard drive(using lossless compression) and stream the music to my hifi system. Still think I'll keep the CDs though as a lot were bought at gigs and were autographed by the artists. Ah memories. There again if I need the space.......

Mr Pig

Wolf04 said:
Exactly what I do too, only my collection is exclusively CD these days.

Yip, I've got too many of those to! They're sitting in piles on the floor right now as I've not come up with a good place to put them. I had thought that I could store them in my little girl's dolls house but that plan has met with some resistance! ;0)

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Don't do it, it will make me consider the question which I have been successfully avoiding for many years

Danny

Legendary Member
betty swollocks said:
oooerr, this isn't going the way I had hoped.....or is it?
I need the space, but the thing is, every one holds a memory.
I have the wherewithall to play them (turntable amp etc.), but again, not the space to set it all up in addition to my current music playing set-up.

Keep them - vinyl is coming back into fashion.

Anyway you've got a whole wall on the left of the picture that you could cover with shelves for your LPs. And you could get a bigger stand for your sound system which would allow you to have a turntable on top.

barq

People have already suggested the charity shop route, but you could advertise them as a job lot for a small amount of money in your local paper (buyer collects!). You might only get a fiver or something, but that's better than binning them and getting nothing.

Don't throw it away. You'll be sorry after. I've met so many people over the years who got rid of their vinyl when the "better" cd arrived and have regretted it ever since. A good vinyl recording is a thing to cherish and enjoy.;)

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
Thanks so much everyone for your comments and input.
I'm keeping them. I suppose it was meant to be: they and I will never be parted.
My first purchase was ELP's first album, bought with my first week's wages from my first summer job. It cost me 98p and I was paid 33p an hour.

postman

Legendary Member
Keep them.I used to have and old reel to reel tape recorder.Every thursday i used to put the mike to the telly everyone had to keep quiet for half an hour.So i could tape top of the pops.Then on a sunday up into my bedroom with my mates best radio.And got the one hour programme with would it be 'fluff' forgot his name.Alan Freeman.Those tapes would be brill now.

Ha ha postman - good memories.
I used to do the same and I had an AIWA recorder with twin speeds...my ex- brother in law and I went to Coptic Street in London to source new drive bands. My Dad made me different sized capstans to fit on the drive - which enabled mee to make my first 'Musique concrete'. (Totally without foundation :wacko:)

Top Bottom