Should I wear pants?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No and always no, except if it's really taters, then you'll need some reinforcement from winter underwear!

Otherwise it's 'commando'! :becool:

tordis

I learned the hard way: I wore underwear for my first long ride and suffered for the next few days. Go commando, your bits will thank you for it :laugh:

C

chillyuk

I wear thin cotton briefs under my shorts, and never have any problems with chaffing or discomfort.

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Commando always :smile:

If you need, to carry a spare pair of underwear in a back pack or pannier just incase :sad:

gbb

Legendary Member
Depends entirely on you Wayne.
Clearly some contributors suffer discomfort or just prefer not to...i always ride with underpants, sometimes with padded shorts, sometimes with unpadded, never ever been a problem, winter or summer on rides of up to 80 + miles.

Maybe its down to me being relatively slim (no chaffing perhaps).

Try wearing or try without, you'll soon know :ohmy:

OP
OP
HeyWayne

HeyWayne

Well, did the commando thing t'other day - and whilst by many standards a 12 mile ride isn't long, considering I haven't really ridden for a couple of years...

Anyway - comfy as hell.

Did feel like I'd crapped meself when walking round the garden centre afterwards though (I hadn't by the way).

e-rider

crappy member
not sure where that sensation came from!

The simple answer is that these shorts are designed to be used without pants. Some (very small number) riders like to wear pants for some reason but it's not the way it's intended.

go easy on the ar$e cream if you feel like that after a ride

Top Bottom