Should we shout at motons?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
SHouting "YOu &*)^*^(^((" is unhelpful

However a clear "Watch out" or "Take Care" can get benefits.... it attracts attention and in a couple of cases an important witness.

Sometimes it can't be helped.Just like 5h1t driving.

Jezston

Über Member
shouldbeinbed said:
+1 you want to become a cyclunt and shout at someone and they decide to take it out on the next cyclist that they see and causes them to crash, thats your fault. my kids ride on the same roads as me.

this does happen, some of the worst confrontation I've had from car drivers has been about red light jumping and pavement riding, I do neither so why am I getting shouted at? I've had a driver veer to an inch of my bike at a set of lights and threaten to run me over before because of this (whilst I was stopped on the road at the red light - go figure).

Yeah because when a driver shouts at me and gets me angry I'm going to take it out on the next motorist I see.

Or not, because that wouldn't make any ****ing sense.

Mark_Robson

Let's not confuse an audible warning with screaming at a motorist because they have wronged you. I have shouted at drivers before because they have passed too closely or pulled out on me at a junction. Normally I shout Whooaaa or something to that effect, and I would class that as an audible warning.
If you scream at a motorist because you have lost your temper then IMO that is counter productive as it provokes them into being confrontational as well. Once you get to that state you are unlikely to achieve anything by carrying on the argument and both sides are going to go away feeling very bitter. I realise that sometimes you see the red mist and I know that it's easier said than done but IMO it's better to try and avoid confrontation.

GrasB

Veteran
I think we're talking about different things here. There's the yell of 'Oiii' or 'On your right' & then there's the yelling of anger after the incident. The former may well be useful the latter generally isn't productive. Now if you can talk to someone calmly you may have a chance of something productive.

Top Bottom