Should you get insurance..?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

itchyrider

Aka Chris
Because a guy at work had a cyclist go into the back of his van while he was parked up at home.
He was just on his way to work, left his house & noticed an ambulance and police was standing near his van, as he got closer he notice a cyclist on the floor and some serious damage to the rear doors of handlebar dents, So later on he got a quote of the damage for the repairs and it was £1400 worth.
So what do you do as a cyclist for damaging somebody’s property?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Either get 3rd party insurance (CTC, British Cycling or other), or you pay for it one way or another!

Sandra6

Veteran
I would say that cyclist needs a trip to specsavers!
How on earth do you manage to cycle into the back of a parked van hard enough to leave a dent?!

davefb

Guru
hopefully... not the way I hit a parked car (luckily no damage err as i recall), was cycling to school, ( so about 30yrs ago!) and felt it nescessary to 'rest my eyes' every few yards..... oops not a great plan..

probably should check I'm covered on the house insurance, always assume I am, but never actually checked :-/

sabian92

Über Member
If you want insurance, get British Cycling Membership and if you google "British Cycling Promo Code" you can get it half off easily enough. I did it yesterday.

You'd be daft not to - to protect yourself if anything else. If you want any serious cover (not just 3rd party) then you need to look at specific coverage.

cycleruk

So what do you do as a cyclist for damaging somebody’s property?

insurance is there for the what if, no one wants to ever have to use but is handy if you do, just make sure you read the small print first!

How on earth do you manage to cycle into the back of a parked van hard enough to leave a dent?!

im thinking the cyclist felt a bit of a plonker after admitting sorry mate i didnt see you

compo

Veteran

Judging by the glasses Specsavers have tried to fob me off with perhaps the cyclist had been to Specsavers.

compo

Veteran
I have Third Party cover via London Cycling Campaign. They offered better age concessions than British Cycling and as Tesco say "every little helps".

Top Bottom