Shouting from cars...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
potsy said:
no idea what it was though couldn't hear it over my music:tongue:

+ 1. It's great when next to them at lights - the lips are moving but nothing comes out. A bit like the lights are on but no one is home. ;)

sarahpink

I've had this a lot mainly young blokes who think their call in shouting race you! Lol

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Will1985 said:
They aren't intelligent enough to know what the doppler effect is.

Being shouted at is better than being slapped or having eggs thrown at you though...

This has happened to you?

Ive not really had much abuse, some dumb ass girls shouting "you've dropped your phone" and some guys oppening their window saying something which I couldnt hear as was wearing headphones at the time (dont wear them anymore, since I realised I wouldnt hear police or ambulances etc - didnt realise how much noise they keep out until I started cycling) and some people making some spinning hand movements at me like some sort of lame dance move, thats about it.

Rob3rt said:
This has happened to you?

Ive not really had much abuse, some dumb ass girls shouting "you've dropped your phone"

What, not the old "Oi mate, your wheel's going round?"

The shout for today I heard clearly though, it was a simple "alright mate?" as the car passed me to the left after I'd moved into the right filter lane, the car having (unusually for the ring road in rush hour) hung back to allow me to pull into the right hand lane ready to move into the filter lane.

Nice, it was, just a simple politeness. Got the feeling that the driver might have been a cyclist too.

snapper_37 said:
+ 1. It's great when next to them at lights - the lips are moving but nothing comes out. A bit like the lights are on but no one is home. :smile:

I've had comments from bus stops before also.Couldn't hear what they said though.:smile:

shippers

I overtook a bus load of the school kids from my school once. About 30 of them shouted stuff. Not a clue what- amazing how much noise glass can stop!

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
Some chav bird squirted water at me today, shame they turned off as my water bottle was full and would have sprayed them back.

taxing

Some twats shouted "ACHOO" at me the other day. They were right alongside so it made me jump, but worse than that, it just made me pity them. If you can't think of anything wittier to do than fake sneeze at a cyclist, there's not much hope for you.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I had a youth running along side shouting stupidities for a few meters the other day,he just about jumped out of his skin when i zir zounded the little c*** ;)

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
I had a nice "eeeeeeeeeaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnzud" sound as the boy racer and his shouting mate came screaming past along the shore road today.

Think I translated it as "Nice bike mate" ... well I think it was that :biggrin:

HobbesChoice

A few weeks ago a young lad in the passenger seat shouted out "Oi love, are you sure you're going the ...... right way" the other day as they overtook me. Although he seemed to realise how stupid he sounded with the hesitation to end the sentence which also tapered off in sound!

Shouting abuse, or even something witty to a cyclist isn't that difficult. There's enough of us about these days to have something planned and prepared well in advance!!!! :biggrin:

Top Bottom