Shouting in this case wrong or right?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
There was a young cyclist who was on the pavement.
I was coming along the road with him in sight doing around25-6mph in a 30zone.
Without warning the child then crossed across my path to the traffic island in the middle of the road.
He did it when i was around 15m(very inaccurate) from passing the island.
I braked hard not to T-bone him.
I shouted out(not angrily just somewhat loudly) "whoow, you stupid kid"....
He was just about off the road when i became level with him.
I also had a bus behind me closer than i would like. So i didn't like the fact on how hard i had to brake.

Was i wrong to shout at him?
He was i would say around 8 years of age.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I think you were wrong to call him stupid. He was only 8 after all.

pixiepie

You were wrong to call him stupid, imo. You could have just shouted "watch yourself" or something to draw his attention to the fact he should be looking before he crosses.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
You were wrong to call him stupid, imo. You could have just shouted "watch yourself" or something to draw his attention to the fact he should be looking before he crosses.
Funny thing is he saw me and never broke eye contact. He just strolled across the road looking at me coming at him.
Maybe should have added that.:idea:

lulubel

Über Member
Funny thing is he saw me and never broke eye contact. He just strolled across the road looking at me coming at him.
Maybe should have added that.:idea:

He looked you in the eye and then tried to make you crash in front of a bus?

I'd say he's lucky he only got shouted out.

Sounds like the kind of little sh1t that will be throwing bricks at bus windscreens when he gets older.

Amack

He was stupid, don't worry I'd have said the same or mildly worse. Actually you should have followed him home and called his parents stupid.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I think you are a model of self control. I doubt if I would have been able to come out with any words in excess of 4 letters given the same circumstances.

Onthedrops

Veteran
A very restrained reaction if I may say so.
I would guarantee that much worse would have come from me, possibly for a longer duration too.

Don't lose any sleep over it. You did good. :thumbsup:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
the good thing about shouting at 8 year old's is they're not going to lamp you one :boxing: . Most kids don't realise what they're doing is stupid until somebody tells them, so i think you advised him accordingly.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom