Shovelling snow off the drive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
i find the trick is not to shovel. but to break it up with a shovel. and then use a broom to brush it away.

ASC1951

Guru
palinurus said:
a load of manure ...
My Soil Association leaflet warned me that manure, even well rotted, wasn't the best choice because it is usually full of weed seeds. "Spent hops from your local brewery", they advised, so I ordered a load for dropping off in the back yard from those nice people at Joshua Tetley.

When I got home I couldn't get the car in or out. In fact the load was bigger than the car, more the size of a Transit, and it took the pair of us three days to shift it - there is only so much barrowing and shovelling you can do at a time.

They were right, though. Completely weed free, doesn't blow away and if you put it on in the autumn the worms dig it all in for you by the spring. With hindsight, though, get a shared order....

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
This thread started off as white as snow but now it's just sh1t!!

Had to dig the car out of the snow twice yesterday - got quite hot and had to unbutton me cardie at one point. Good excercise!

yenrod

gaz said:
i find the trick is not to shovel. but to break it up with a shovel. and then use a broom to brush it away.

Thats very true Gaz - I was doing this and I though 'wot am i doing..' then realised: bang the ice, then move it out the way :smile:;)

Top Bottom