Show me your Cats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

longers said:
How will the litter be "split"?

I don't know, there are lots of options available so we'll have to wait and see.

We heard that it might be Charlie's last litter (not 100% sure) and wanted to have another one of his kittens as wee Angus was a star and we still miss him terribly. And Milly is a chocolate point siamese, as was Rosie who we lost last year as well....so we thought it would be a good idea to offer our kitten slave services to their 'human mum'. ;)

Daft Kinky Jock comes from the same 'human mum' and is the loveliest naughtiest big cat...

longers

Legendary Member
Sounds good, it's easier just picking one of them if you know the rest will get good homes.

Noodley

longers said:
Sounds good, it's easier just picking one of them if you know the rest will get good homes.

I am hoping there are two kittens that Mrs Noodley falls for and we have to take both...:smile: But she seems fairly set on only one addition...we'll see.

'Human mum' is great, she cares about where her kittens go and keeps in touch with people. She is an exceptionally kind person and we regularly exchange e-mails and speak on the phone.

I'm not sure how many cats she has at present - 7 queens and 2 studs, plus a few show cats and some pet cats which never found homes and just seemed to hang about and become part of her family...in fact I hate to think how many there are - just as well she has a huge house and palacial outside housing for the studs and queens...her husband seems to do his own thing ;)

Noodley

Baggy said:
Oooh! I'd better get my knitting needles out and whip up four bootees :biggrin:

Only two weeks to go til they are due to pop out to say hello. But still plenty time to knit some bootees...fingers are crossed that everything goes okay :thumbsup:

longers

Legendary Member
Only one week to go!

A fat cat earlier.

20asylv.jpg

Nearly hired a car last night to take the old one to the vets but he proved the three day rule again.

Noodley

longers said:
Only one week to go!

'Mixed' news - 4 kittens arrived (by Caesarian) early this morning but one could not be revived and another is poorly :thumbsup: but mum is bonding well with the 2 strong kittens and the poorly one :laugh:

Elsewhere today Ollie won her first Grand Premier Certificate:

DSCF4112.jpg

longers

Legendary Member
Well done Ollie, she looks beautiful - again. Grand Premier is quite good then?

Going by the ones I'd met, I used to think Oriental cats were all cross eyed and a bit loopy but the bonny CC cats have proved otherwise on the cross eyed front.
They might still be loopy.

Fingers crossed for the litter.

Noodley

longers said:
Grand Premier is quite good then?

Not bad - 'Premier' is the neutered equivalent of 'Champion'. 3 Premier Certificates and the cat has the title Premier (which Ollie got in her first 3 shows)...then 3 Grand Premier Certificates gives the title Grand Premier....then 5 Imperial Grand Premier Certificates gives the title Imperial Grand Premier...

I'm sure it all sounds a bit sad and not everyone agrees with it but it passes the time of day....

I'll post updates on the litter - fingers crossed.

Noodley

Noodley said:
I'll post updates on the litter - fingers crossed.

I can't have had my fingers crossed enough, as things have gone wrong in a big way :sad:

Only one kitten hanging on, mum has no milk and kitten not taking bottle...not good.

Sorry, I thought it would be good to follow their arrival and share it, but looks like it's all gone wrong :biggrin:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I was in a pub in Coventry last month and I got talking to a guy who was a cat lover. I was down in that part of the world because I was visiting Crufts at the NEC.

On hearing this information he started on a tirade at me about how dangerous dogs were, how he hated them and how all owners let their dogs mess all over the place without cleaning it up. He was saying that he was just about to start being violent towards dog owners.

I showed him the bio bags I always carry in my pocket, and tried to tell him that actually, cats kill many small animals, some of them rare, roam about without ever being on a lead, get stuck up trees and most compelling of all, to toxic turds all over the place which NOBODY will EVER clean up, not least their owners, so therefore his point about dog owners not clearing up after their dogs was null and void.

Unfortunately, he wasn't listening.

Some people, eh??

It's not that I don't like cats, I just hate how cat owners make out that somehow they are holier than thou.

Top Bottom