Show me yours, lots of pics wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
ymrA. S.U.

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!
Only now starting out with a touring bike.
Just bought a Genesis Tour de
Fer.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Only now starting out with a touring bike.
Just bought a Genesis Tour de
Fer.

View attachment 492341
The front rack's on the wrong way round.

Swap left and right so the prongs at the end that are pointing up at the rear should be pointing forward at the bottom, and the horizontal arms need swiveling round so the bolt holes are underneath.

The way it is, there's nothing for the lower anti-sway hook on a front pannier to go behind.

citybabe

The front rack's on the wrong way round.

Swap left and right so the prongs at the end that are pointing up at the rear should be pointing forward at the bottom, and the horizontal arms need swiveling round so the bolt holes are underneath.

The way it is, there's nothing for the lower anti-sway hook on a front pannier to go behind.

looks like you’re right!
I’ll sort that out - thank you

citybabe

I’ve had mine since 2016 and love her (Genevieve). Already many happy miles and adventures. View attachment 493161
What bar bag do you have on the front of you don’t mind me asking?

SafetyThird

Haven't done much touring but have some plans. Currently using the old mtb as shopping/local tourer. It's 22 years old and the wrong size for this sort of thing really, I'm thinking of looking for a late 80's stump jumper, or similar, frame that would be steel and have all the necessary rack/mudguard mounts and moving all the components over. Just ordered a cheap Dynohub wheel to experiment with phone charging on longer rides and reading Velo en France while dreaming of next summer possibilities.

3BA1873B-95B5-47EB-967E-C4B7F0F53C41.jpeg

AndyRM

XOXO
Haven't done much touring but have some plans. Currently using the old mtb as shopping/local tourer. It's 22 years old and the wrong size for this sort of thing really, I'm thinking of looking for a late 80's stump jumper, or similar, frame that would be steel and have all the necessary rack/mudguard mounts and moving all the components over. Just ordered a cheap Dynohub wheel to experiment with phone charging on longer rides and reading Velo en France while dreaming of next summer possibilities.

View attachment 527254

I thought "that's a bloody long bike lock, and it doesn't look chained to anything" for some time.

Before realising it was a hose...

Nice bike, had one myself for a while and did a couple of tours around Scotland on it.

Top Bottom