Show me yours, lots of pics wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Only going for one night and it's less than 10 miles away.
How the hell do I amass so much crap that I need all this and I've not even fitted the barbag with its snacks yet!

IMG_20190913_165016.jpg

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Bike_at_Drakes.jpg

At the start of a 4 day, 60% off-road camping trip

Rannoch_camp.jpg

Campsite at Rannoch

Bike: Surly Disc Trucker, Tubus Cargo rack, Vittoria Revolution 700x38 tyres.
Front: stuff sack containing a Cumulus L430 Comforter (quilt), silk liner, inflatable pillow (S2S Aeros)
Rear: Camper Longflap containing, in the main compartment...
Thermarest Xtherm mat
Alite Mayfly chair
a pair of longs, a Rohan Spark top, spare undies
MSR Windpro II stove, 230g gas canister, concertina wind shield, Optimus Terra Solo cookset, Orikaso folding mug & bowl, 4 days worth of main meals and breakfast, a 350 ml hip flask (milk), cutlery, temporary extra nosh (fruit cake or whatever was available)
washkit, Smidge
Side pockets: spare tubes, toolkit, waterproofs, midge net
Tent: Hilleberg Akto, under the flap.

Plus kindle, small binoculars, camera, powerbank, and assorted other oddments.

Last edited:
My Trek Crossrip commuter/tourer in Normandy this summer : View attachment 489427
And with the tent set up :
View attachment 489428
You’ve got to admire the French campsites, I have never been to a bad one, including the municipal ones

Zimbob

Über Member
You’ve got to admire the French campsites, I have never been to a bad one, including the municipal ones

Aye, likewise. I usually use the municipal ones, although the one in the pic was privately owned, by a couple who were both called Dominic, which confused me initially.. If anyone's ever looking for a campsite near Utah Beach/Carentan I can thoroughly recommend this one, 'Camping les Baies Vert'

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Yes.. Rational me that doesn't have any truck with such supernatural nonsense at 4pm, knew that primeval me can get the jitters at 4am.

The stags were particularly noisy that night, so I was glad of my decision.. Even though there were flatter bits in the village.

The tragedy being that the village was depopulated mostly by the war.. So if you believed in ghosts you could easily imagine some lost souls, wandering about, looking for home.

I've got pics of the village on computer at home.. Will dig them out.

This was the view out towards Iona from that night's pitch tho..

Yes.. Rational me that doesn't have any truck with such supernatural nonsense at 4pm, knew that primeval me can get the jitters at 4am.

The stags were particularly noisy that night, so I was glad of my decision.. Even though there were flatter bits in the village.

The tragedy being that the village was depopulated mostly by the war.. So if you believed in ghosts you could easily imagine some lost souls, wandering about, looking for home.

I've got pics of the village on computer at home.. Will dig them out.

View attachment 489958

This was the view out towards Iona from that night's pitch tho..

Stunning image

Top Bottom