Show off your Giant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Posted this in it's own thread, why not here as well. It's my new Avail 2, due to celebrate it's 1000km birthday tomorrow (thanks Strava for remembering that!)

DSC_0001_2.JPG

(not as cool as the mcr2)

defy-one

Brilliant pic User9609 - I so love the kick stand!!!!!!! :-)

MissyR

Ah how fitting a Giant thread :tongue: this is my beastie of choice at the moment but I am currently looking around for an upgrade and possibly moving onto some drops :girl:

Its an oldie but a goodie the FCR

giant.jpg

STEPHAN DAVIS

Would anyone have any advice on upgrading front forks on my Defy 5 to carbon or should i just hang on and upgrade the whole bike (In around 18 years time when my children have grown up and left home and i can afford it)? ;)

defy-one

I would wait. Or sell the 5 when you can afford the 1 or 2.
The cost of a carbon fork and fettling wouldn't be worth it imo

Cycleops

Legendary Member
20120909_133956giant.jpg

Thought someone might like to see an oldie for a change. A cfr 2 from 1992 I think. Can anyone confirm that? Ultegra groupset. Composite forks and tubes with ali lugs.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
got one of those myself albeit at 96/97 model shod with 105 groupset, I broke the shifters a while back and thus its stuck in my garage. just trying to gather some funds to resurrect. That one not a CFR1? it came with ultrega?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
[quote="MrGrumpy, post: 2069346, member: 846"That one not a CFR1? it came with ultrega?[/quote]

I don't know, may well be a cfr1. The only reason I thought it was a cfr1 was that I saw one on the net posted as such. It has full Ultegra set which I imagine to be original. First supplied through a bike shop in Holland, eventually ending up here in Ghana. Quite nice to ride. Not bad for £65!

mpeter

[QUOTE 2069566, member: 9609"]Looks a bit different in street view, but this is the same spot LINK I am sure you can work it out from there.

Here are some more pictures I have taken in the valley below LINK

Fantastic cycling countryside, often never see another vehicle[/quote]

It's a long time since I've been to that part of the world. I definitely need to find an excuse to get up there with the bike. Lovely photo's as well.

postman

Legendary Member
Granted this is my Cannondale, but the title didn't specify Giant what, and it's a 60cm frame with loads of seat post. I'm 6' 5" and lots of people think my bike is for Giants :tongue:

bikeao.jpg
It great to see bikes for us longer blokes.It's nice to know they are out there,and that we can get a great bike without hassle.

Top Bottom