Show off your Giant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

Picked up my first road bike today. After much deliberation, I was torn between a Trek 1.2 and this........A Giant Defy 3 in black, white and a touch of red!

Far too windy today to have a real go on it but love what little I have riden on it so far.

2013-03-12135757_zps8a3e0a8c.jpg

what size is that?

Neil363

what size is that?

I just know it as a 'large'. Don't know exact inches I'm afraid.

Cyclist33

Ta - also, what is the diameter of the seatpost? Interested to know if my carbon 27.2mm one would fit it!
How tall are you? I've specced up for the M/L size which seemed about right when I tried it.

Stu

Neil363

Ta - also, what is the diameter of the seatpost? Interested to know if my carbon 27.2mm one would fit it!
How tall are you? I've specced up for the M/L size which seemed about right when I tried it.

Stu

I'm 6ft 1. Tried a smaller Trek and a larger Specialized but this felt spot on from the second I got on it and so was good enough for me.

Not sure regarding the post. Are there any marking stating the seatpost diameter I can look for?

Zee

Veteran

Giant have an odd habit of speccing their bikes with a 30.9mm rather than 27.2/31.6mm like everyone else.

Your carbon post will need shimming to increase its diameter.

and whilst I'm here...
Tmyu7Mx.jpg

clockhammer

Here is my Defy 2 with new mavics.

dyzeja9y.jpg

I just picked up this Revel 0 29er yesterday. Have only managed an 8 mile ride with a mixture of 'road' and 'off road' and the bike handles both very well, think i will enjoy this bike.

uploadfromtaptalk1365949388024.jpg

Turning into a Giant fanboy ;)

matthat

Über Member
[QUOTE 2398429, member: 9609"]
kvtr06a_zps41e164c7.jpg:original

Is this, show off the bald patch or show off the Giant? (this picture should cover both)
1991 Speederlite - 30k+ and still going[/quote]
That's a nice pic!!

matthat

Über Member
Needs black bar tape. Or a red saddle.
Do you mean like this!!
DSC_0095[1].jpg

Had this about 4 weeks now and love it!! Legs still adjusting to it as i've come off a MTB and Hybrid. I've done several 10/15 milers and a few 20's and one 56 miler. ^_^

Cyclist33

Do you mean like this!! View attachment 21983
Had this about 4 weeks now and love it!! Legs still adjusting to it as i've come off a MTB and Hybrid. I've done several 10/15 milers and a few 20's and one 56 miler. ^_^

advise rmoving wheel reflectors, you can see already they are not positioned in the same place on both wheels, if one slips down onto the centre of the wheel youve got a :£;);:£();://&/); waiting to happen!

Venod

Eh up
My Bridleway Basher, the only thing left of the original bike is the frame, its such a lively ride especially with the carbon forks, I have run it with 2 different suspension forks, I have used it with slicks & full mudguards as a winter road bike, its done loads of miles and is still going strong.
G2_zps6b679bcd.jpg

Top Bottom