Show us what you're doing at work today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zipp2001

Veteran
Checking in on the assembly department to see how a large sunflower ornament order is going. I have a 225 piece sunflower order come in the other day and I need it out by Monday.

Zipp2001

Veteran
My car spends winter across the street from our shop, so it was time to take her out. The biggggggggg white Cadillac was also being taken out today.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Visiting the new Brewdog water filtration ponds being built in Ellon this morning. That's a LOT of rebar and concrete which won't do much for their environmental credentials.
20210514_092410.jpg

20210514_092457.jpg

3 huge ponds to be built. Apparently local groundwater goes into the first pond then in a painstaking process over a period of days using reed beds and sand, it's turned into piss which is then bottled! Marvellous!

keithmac

Guru
Finished the Lambretta LI 150 this morning, electrics and a leaking gearbox output shaft seal.

Been an interesting journey as I've not worked on many, it's got a new 12v generator and electronic ignition conversion, runs sweet as a nut!.

Lovely customer, just wanted it done properly which makes life a lot easier for me.

gbb

Legendary Member
Finished the Lambretta LI 150 this morning, electrics and a leaking gearbox output shaft seal.

Been an interesting journey as I've not worked on many, it's got a new 12v generator and electronic ignition conversion, runs sweet as a nut!.

Lovely customer, just wanted it done properly which makes life a lot easier for me.

View attachment 620284
Trouble is, wanting it done properly...costs.
Colleague has something like a late 1950s, 1960 Lambretta, cost him far more than its worth to bring it up to good reliable spec, but he wants it right.
Equally, a former colleague had the rear wheel fall off after he had done some DIY engine work, not a matter of being tight, rather cant afford to pay others to do it for him (and do it right it seems :laugh:)

keithmac

Guru
I've lost count of jobs that have cost twice as much to complete as they would have done if the owners "mate" hadn't had a go first :rolleyes:.

Had a Thunderace once, cylinder head removed already, all the bits that were in a cardboard box had been tipped onto owners garage floor (cams/ shims/ shim buckets etc).

Took longer to clean all the parts and shim it from scratch than to fit a new headgasket and head back on..

Saying that it keeps me in a job!.

keithmac

Guru
M1200 rear cylinder head removal, 3 hrs in and haven't touched the sides yet, not really a fan of Italian bikes at the moment!.

The engine is basically the frame so I can see the majority of the bike been removed just leaving the lump on the bench.

Only 3,000 miles on it and by the look of it it's been wrong from leaving the factory.

Living the dream!.

presta

Guru
View attachment 624215

Stationary on the M62.. Happy New Year..

Edit: No-one hurt, happily, just a very toasted van!
I stood in the southbound carriageway of the A1 once watching an old MkIII Cortina burn whilst the brigade turned up to put it out. There wasn't much left of it by then. A middle aged couple on the way home from holiday said they'd already stopped at a garage because they were having electrical problems.....

I thought my Carlton was going the same way once, I was sat in the traffic on the way to work one morning when smoke started billowing out from behind the dashboard. Fortunately it stopped when I turned the ignition off. When I collected it from the garage they said they hadn't been able to find anything wrong, then when I drove off it started again 100 yards up the road. Turns out it was the heated rear window fuse melting the fuse box.

Top Bottom