Show us what you're doing at work today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I stood in the southbound carriageway of the A1 once watching an old MkIII Cortina burn whilst the brigade turned up to put it out. There wasn't much left of it by then. A middle aged couple on the way home from holiday said they'd already stopped at a garage because they were having electrical problems.....

I thought my Carlton was going the same way once, I was sat in the traffic on the way to work one morning when smoke started billowing out from behind the dashboard. Fortunately it stopped when I turned the ignition off. When I collected it from the garage they said they hadn't been able to find anything wrong, then when I drove off it started again 100 yards up the road. Turns out it was the heated rear window fuse melting the fuse box.
I would have thought that the fuse box would be one of the first places a garage checked!!

keithmac

Guru
Rebuilding CBR1000rr engine today with my son, to free up the "long term project" bench for the Ducati.

Nice having the boy helping, always look forward to Saturdays.

He's already fixed a none running scooter this morning.

Last edited:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
This weekends dog. He's a Parson Russell Terrier, a close rellie of the Jack Russell.
Not as laid back as a greyhound, it's fair to say!

Attachments

• Dexter lakes.jpg
    Dexter lakes.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 10
  • dexter stairs.jpeg
    dexter stairs.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 10

keithmac

Guru
All that for a cylinder head - ouch. Dare I ask how much it is costing him?

He's having other work done as well, probably £1k total with all parts and labour.

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
What happened to the days when bikes were so much simpler? Ive had many but still have my very first, a Suzuki TS 100 ERX, been 'working on it' to get it ready for its first run out in 12 years, now tax and MOT exempt. I could take this one apart with my eyes shut...

Attachments

• P1150866.JPG
    P1150866.JPG
    238.7 KB · Views: 10

keithmac

Guru
What happened to the days when bikes were so much simpler? Ive had many but still have my very first, a Suzuki TS 100 ERX, been 'working on it' to get it ready for its first run out in 12 years, now tax and MOT exempt. I could take this one apart with my eyes shut...

My sons Honda MT-5 is a dream to work on in comparison to modern bikes, only another year and he'll be on the road with it!.

Top Bottom