Show us what you're doing at work today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
Well welding torch out for two snapped studs and a 9 piece exhaust with no instructions later we have a nice shiny stainless exhaust fitted..

Managed to salvage his old silencer, saved £100 ish and a bit quieter to boot.

GetFatty

Über Member
I'm spending all day interviewing for service managers. Same as yesterday. Tomorrow is doing all the things I should have been doing yesterday and today. I'm going through all this again next Weds and Thurs.

ozboz

Guru
Thank you, yeah I do a mammoth selection of tiles alongside the bathrooms and kitchens. We'll see how things get on when we open up again, that picture is from three years ago.
Not surprised you're starting to get out of it if you started in '73! How are your knees doing?

Sorry for late response I’ve only just seen your reply ! , the knees are pretty good tbh ! I get a slight pain in my left knee when I’m riding sometimes though , you do the whole caboodle then , complete bathroom and kitchens , it will be interesting to see how it all goes , I am based in London now , lots of site work but I can’t do the travelling on the Tube , and the sites are all agency I can’t do with them either , where are you based ? I have been doing for small builders and domestic stuff for year now , it’s ok but money is tight on those jobs, everyone trying it on , The Covid has put a bit of a stop on the assessor and training as the Colleges are shut ,

Last edited:

keithmac

Guru
On with another Multistrada today, front exhaust blowing/ belts and service.

Exhaust nuts rotted down to stubs, managed to salvage one stud but had to get the acetylene torch out and remove the other. Luckily it came out eventually without snapping!.

Got the air filter to do in the morning which is most of bike to bits, lovely!.

CharlesF

Guru
On with another Multistrada today, front exhaust blowing/ belts and service.

Exhaust nuts rotted down to stubs, managed to salvage one stud but had to get the acetylene torch out and remove the other. Luckily it came out eventually without snapping!.

Got the air filter to do in the morning which is most of bike to bits, lovely!.

I would love to see the “after” when you have replaced the studs and putting things together again!

keithmac

Guru
I would love to see the “after” when you have replaced the studs and putting things together again!

I was going to take a picture this morning but he's picked it up already.

Did a Royal Enfield Interceptor 1st service today amongst other things.

They've stepped up a notch again with build quality, very nicely made and finished.

Valve clearances needed adjusting, needs Fully Synthetic oil as well (put Motul 300v 10w50 in which isn't cheap!).

Managed to adjust valves without completely removing cover so less labour charge (good to know).

Roadtest in the morning!.

keithmac

Guru
Miserable rainy morning but the RE road really well, cracking bike for the money!.

ozboz

Guru
I was going to take a picture this morning but he's picked it up already.

Did a Royal Enfield Interceptor 1st service today amongst other things.

They've stepped up a notch again with build quality, very nicely made and finished.

Valve clearances needed adjusting, needs Fully Synthetic oil as well (put Motul 300v 10w50 in which isn't cheap!).

Managed to adjust valves without completely removing cover so less labour charge (good to know).

Roadtest in the morning!.

View attachment 529223

View attachment 529224

is that an English built bike ?

keithmac

Guru
Blast from the past today!, we used to import 400's from Japan years ago, cut my teeth on VFR400 NC30's/ ZXR400's/ FZR400's/ GSXR 400's etc.

NC29 CBR400rr Gullarm in for some work over past couple of days, forgot what a nice bike they were to ride!.

30,000km and still going strong.

Indian Scout in as well, have to work out if we can talk to his ABS computer next week at some point..

gbb

Legendary Member
Daumar citrus bagging machine, similar to this...

View: https://youtu.be/Y_9XHyCLMzY

It alarmed a heater or probe (thermocouple) problem. Its quite new to us so eventually narrowed it down to one of 8 heater elements. All very confined and difficult to access.
New heater wired in, probably 1.5 hours work.

Element is within the jaws, connections visible top left.

Neccessary to release the opposite jaw assembly to get access to its opposite number. All in all a pig of a job but the kind of job I like. Knees are really sore, the only way to get to everything, really must look after them

Attachments

• 20200820_130433.jpg
    20200820_130433.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200820_130056.jpg
    20200820_130056.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 6

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
A factory near West Auckland yesterday where the owner had bought a second hand framing station. Couldn't get the tools mounted.

Had a look inside

Told him we could engineer brackets for him but the cost would be £3k each (there's two and he'd need another two as spares as they're handed). Wasn't too impressed. The station is £60k new, he bought it for £20k and has spent over £10k transporting it and getting engineers in to install it. There's no guarantee it will ever work properly. Money pit.

Top Bottom