Show us yer mountain bike!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abo

DSC_2169.jpg

Darth Vader's bike

mr Mag00

rising member

If you are using Windows, fire up the Paint program (start Menu, All Programs, Accessories, Paint?) , load your image, then from the Image menu, click Stretch/Skew. In the dialog box that pops up, select the horizontal and vertical stretch percentages to the same number, say 25%, then click OK.

Thankyou ColinJ I'll try that. FM I don't know how to change the size of an image which is why I asked the question!

Fingers crossed. The first is my XC race bike - a Santa Cruz cushtail - which hasn't been ridden in anger for some time now. Pic taken after the exceptionally claggy 2007 mountain mayhem. What a laugh that was.
The second is my FS/trail/allmountain/freeride lite whatever you call it bike. It's a Ventana X5 and is just a brilliant bike (although on the heavy side by today's standards). I have a third mtb - not pictured - which is my downhill bike but it's now in pieces. I don't think I'll do much downhilling again- i can't take the injuries - but I've had some great fun on it.

Attachments

• JoolypostMM07.JPG
    JoolypostMM07.JPG
    318.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Ventana small.JPG
    Ventana small.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 117

jethro10

Über Member
I built this about 2 years ago. you can buy Corratec bikes, but I got a frame.
I have 2 sets of wheels, light with road/easy trail tyres as fitted in the photo, and stronger ones with knobblies for more serious off roading - like this weekend with some friends
biggrin.gif

Unusually fitted with Sram X0 twist grips - love em.

Approx 10.5Kg w/o pedals.
I so wish i had discovered this when I was a youngster rather than now when I'm an old bugger!

Jeff

Attachments

• Corratec.JPG
    Corratec.JPG
    201.5 KB · Views: 107

jethro10

Über Member
And this is my Wifes, Nicki. Built it up for her over Christmas. A Kinesis KM210 frame.
A few years ago, when I picked up on cycling (MTBing) to get fitter, I remember her saying I was a stupid idiot......
......now we've been all over - various 7Staines, Yorks Moors, lake district (where we live) etc.

And now she has her green bike with green pedals, Green disks, green valve caps, headset spacers custom green Rock Shox stickers off ebay for the forks (only a few quid off fleabay, look great), green shirts, green shorts..... well you get the idea - Women!

Spot the "E" the wrong way round on the rear wheel at the bottom on LITE.

She's only 5' 2" and this bike feels ever so small 34cm, 13 and a bit inch frame. Just like a real bike but smaller!

Attachments

• Kinesis1.JPG
    Kinesis1.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 92
  • Kinesis2.JPG
    Kinesis2.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 89
Top Bottom