Show us yer mountain bike!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

02GF74

Über Member
one of mine; recently been put on a diet so it 9.0 kg.

DSC07457.jpg

I have a Scott Scale 35 (2009). Awesome bike, very fast and responsive. Dont ride it too much these days due to turning to the dark side (roadie). But on those occasions that I do take it out i just smile from ear to ear.:biggrin:

Darkhorse

Regular
GT-1991-USA-0resize10.jpg

My pride and joy (sorry, no actual pic available).

Many parts replaced (saddle, peddles, rings, tyres), black anodising wore off the brake levers so on my one they have been polished up to an alloy mirror finish. I had many bikes, including two custom built racers from Roberts. Make no mistake; this is my favourite bike out of them all. I don’t know who was responsible for the frame geometry over at GT, but they really knew their business. Despite its weight the thing handles so well, on or off road it’s a dream and total joy to ride. The rear U-brake is phenomenal! And the picture really doesn’t do the paintwork justice, as every one was unique. I’ve had a couple of people just walk up to me, and ask to buy it, and on both occasions they were willing to pay more than the original retail value. However, I’m holding GT to their promise of guaranteeing the frame for life!

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
GT-1991-USA-0resize10.jpg

My pride and joy (sorry, no actual pic available).

Many parts replaced (saddle, peddles, rings, tyres), black anodising wore off the brake levers so on my one they have been polished up to an alloy mirror finish. I had many bikes, including two custom built racers from Roberts. Make no mistake; this is my favourite bike out of them all. I don’t know who was responsible for the frame geometry over at GT, but they really knew their business. Despite its weight the thing handles so well, on or off road it’s a dream and total joy to ride. The rear U-brake is phenomenal! And the picture really doesn’t do the paintwork justice, as every one was unique. I’ve had a couple of people just walk up to me, and ask to buy it, and on both occasions they were willing to pay more than the original retail value. However, I’m holding GT to their promise of guaranteeing the frame for life!

My mate has a GT something or other from 2009. The geometry is amazing. Even though it was half the cost of my bike I want it!!

Ok, here's my old school one:

b3_288.jpg

Thats a frickin stunner right there.. Still got the Avocet saddle and Hite-Rite. Wow.

It used to be like this (riser bars, old Rockshox Judys, Promax V's and the spoke protector

3905031148_061d8bcd80_o.jpg

Then it became this (flat bars, the not particularly nice Suntour XCT forks, Gusset discs on Crossride wheels)

4737001772_7f25c61f9a_b.jpg

Only to temporarily become this - not really a mountain bike anymore

5824468051_9b91e5e3ec_b.jpg

It's been through a few changes... :laugh:

mr Mag00

rising member
previous displyed pictiures of Trek Fuel EX95, it is no longe.r rear pivot bearing cannot be removed for replacing = fubar frame according to LBS :sad:

Top Bottom