Show us yer mountain bike!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moss

Here's a blast from the past! I no longer ride this bike! It's an original Muddy Fox Pathfinder! !980's

P7262346.jpg

P7262345.jpg

It's for sale!

Cubist

Still wavin'
this is my pride and joy.........only frame and rear mech original from new...........i do like to tinker though

Janitor's broom eh? My Cube is very much the same.... only the frame and brakes are original now!

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Built this one up about 5 years ago from an very clean avalanche 0.0 frame I won on e-bay for £70 and lots of bits from merlin...fairly basic spec but it all gels together nicely on the trails.
I also had a immac paul milnes crosser and a nicely modded steel Gt timberline but they were nicked by thieving toerags about 18 months ago..... the insurance money I got was ploughed into a house move and I've never been able to afford to replace them yet [sob]
note to srw; this is the only bike I've got left and no-one is getting it without getting past a pick-axe handle :ph34r:

34hgina.jpg

ultraviolet

it can't rain all the time....
got this free a few months ago, its been a nice project to make it my own

oldfuryfinalbuild2websize.jpg

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
GT-1991-USA-0resize10.jpg

My pride and joy (sorry, no actual pic available).

Many parts replaced (saddle, peddles, rings, tyres), black anodising wore off the brake levers so on my one they have been polished up to an alloy mirror finish. I had many bikes, including two custom built racers from Roberts. Make no mistake; this is my favourite bike out of them all. I don’t know who was responsible for the frame geometry over at GT, but they really knew their business. Despite its weight the thing handles so well, on or off road it’s a dream and total joy to ride. The rear U-brake is phenomenal! And the picture really doesn’t do the paintwork justice, as every one was unique. I’ve had a couple of people just walk up to me, and ask to buy it, and on both occasions they were willing to pay more than the original retail value. However, I’m holding GT to their promise of guaranteeing the frame for life!

gorgeous frame, gorgeous paint job (pic dont do it justice) ... I'll be going for a GT frame if my current steed dies or gets stolen

oliver

well rude to ignore a thread like this so here's my beast - it's based on a Scott Summit frame with a mix of dx and sora components (9 speed). bit interesting to ride but fun!!!! -it was built up from eBay components for about £210 - most of them being nearly new.

wrclj5.jpg

Here's mine. No idea what it is though - it seems to have an Italian flag sticker on the crossbar and downtube - is it a company logo or stuck on by someone who likes Italy? It has Shimaro 7 speed gears + Campagnolo Chainwheels (x2) with Mavic wheels.
I'm just using it to get fit, as I sold my racing bike, after fighting off cancer, which is about the only thing I have in common with Lance Armstrong (apart from a love bikes!)!
my bike 1.jpg
It was given to me by a retired road racing cyclist who was downsizing and moving into a small seaside cottage and was clearing everything out before he moved the following day. He kept his racing bike though and I hope he's still enjoying it.
Tony

Ajax_Gaz

Shut up Legs!
My first bike in about 15 years and i went for the hardtail with the hope of using it on trails as well as the commute. Unfortunately i've never had the chance to take it on the trails so it's just done the commute with the road tyres on it, but really pleased with it.

Attachments

• Specialized Hardrock Pro Disc 2010 001.jpg
    Specialized Hardrock Pro Disc 2010 001.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 207
Top Bottom