Show us yer tits ( or other bird species )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Here's a Cornish one with a bit of a punk vibe.

bt.jpg

Julia9054

Guru
Here's a Cornish one with a bit of a punk vibe.

View attachment 418490
That's a great photo. Love the blue on its head against the blue of the sky

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
House sparrow numbers have declined by two thirds since the 1970s but the good news is that over the last 12 years numbers have remained stable and are even showing a slight up turn according to the British Trust for Ornithology.
Starlings - very common when I was a child - have declined by around 70% whereas more generalist feeders such as blackbirds, blue tits and robins have seen an increase in their numbers.
These figures certainly chime with my observations as a keen bird watcher since I was a child.
I'll send you some of those as well, separate package from the English Sparrows.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
[QUOTE 5306718, member: 9609"]can you remember what station / time ?[/QUOTE]

Must be Radio 4 but I’ve had a look in the schedule on iplayer and can’t find a likely programme at the times I would have been listening in the last couple of days. Hope I didn’t imagine it... bizarre.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Ok, truly terrible photo (it was a long way, and I think my phone's focus was baffled by the leaves 'n that) but if you look very carefully, you can just make out two greyish blobs, sitting on the branch...

upload_2018-7-9_15-55-57.png

What makes it (arguably) worthwhile is that this was a family of kestrels or some such breed of hawk, in a wood near me, in the hellhole that is that there London. I've never seen birds of prey in London before.

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
Nice, don't you think that house sparrows are getting less common, compared to about 30 years ago, too many cats perhaps, I quite like cats, but they do kill birds.
Sparrows are making a comeback near where I live. I see dozens of them when I cycle through Bridgehouse Meadows (near Milwall's ground) every morning. The council have promoted lots of hedges, wild flower and meadows just there.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
That's a great photo. Love the blue on its head against the blue of the sky

Thanks - the ancient stone-hedged pathway within which this photo was taken was a gift. Whitethroats, pipits, wrens, stonechats and the occasional buzzard. This young wren was one of a swarm of fledglings.
wren fledgling.jpg

Top Bottom