Show us your 1x Set-ups

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
With quite a lot of new 1x options available now has anybody embraced the technology. If so what have you got - doesn't matter if its MTB, Cyclocross, Commuter, Road, TT, Triathlon Road....

lets see the bike and list the spec and maybe why you chose that set-up

stumpy66

Veteran
SRAM rival group set on the Boardman cx Team.

I was looking to get back into mountain biking after nearly 10 years away from it after being solely on road bikes instead. I didn’t fancy the super small front chain ring that seems to b the fashion on most mtbs just now.

The gearing is 44 front chain ring with 10-42 rear cassette. I have been hitting the forest trails near to me and loving being off road again and not spinning out on the road sections. I quickly got used to the SRAM double tap system and changed the tyres to some wider 40 mm wtb nano race for some extra off road comfort.

23277F2E-A5EC-4351-AF5D-5EA2B9269E06.jpeg
years

OP
OP
J

jowwy

SRAM rival group set on the Boardman cx Team.

I was looking to get back into mountain biking after nearly 10 years away from it after being solely on road bikes instead. I didn’t fancy the super small front chain ring that seems to b the fashion on most mtbs just now.

The gearing is 44 front chain ring with 10-42 rear cassette. I have been hitting the forest trails near to me and loving being off road again and not spinning out on the road sections. I quickly got used to the SRAM double tap system and changed the tyres to some wider 40 mm wtb nano race for some extra off road comfort.

View attachment 382454 years
I've got two builds on the go at the moment......a basic TT bike to get me back into TTs and a flatbar titanium cross bike......

The TT will be running 48t front and 12/30 rear
The crosser is running 36t front and 11/40 rear...

Will post up pictures once they are finally finished

Oh go on then:whistle: ( someone may recognise the SRAM kit);

_NDW8162.jpg

Planet X XLS frame
Lauf Grit forks
SRAM Force shifters, mech and calipers
Shimano Sora cranks with Hope retainer ring (old Miche cranks in pic)
Halo Vapour 29er wheels with superdrive hub
Schwalbe X-One tubeless tyres
Hope floating discs,carbon seatpost and seatpost clamp
Genetic Digest bars
Deda bars and stem
Fabric Scoop shallow ti saddle
Sram X-1 chain
Shimano spd pedals
Hope R4+ light with soon to be added District rear(not shown)
Freebie no-brand bar tape
Alpkit bike bags
Planet X cages

When available the cranks will be changed to a Hope CX one9next year hopefully:thumbsup: )and calipers to Hope RX-4;pedals will be upgraded to Shimano XT or XTR ones.

Will swap out the bars and stem if Hope* ever make road/CX ones

This nearly got sold but decided to make an off-road 1X; it's been crashed already:rolleyes: but it's been on some good off-piste rides already.

*I 'may' be a Hope fanboi:becool: ;the only reason it hasn't got Hope hubs is because of the good price I get Halo kit:whistle:.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Well, mine was 1X before 1X was a thing...
Ribble at junction.jpg

The bike itself is a Ribble winter frame, with a right mish-mash of components.
Tektro brakes, a Revoshifter, riser bars, a 36T chainset and a 12-32T 7 speed cassette.
Acera rear mech and Mavic Open Pro wheels on Tiagra hubs. Gears are 79" 68" 59" 53" 45" 37" and 30", which suits me fine for most things.
It's been my main go-to bike for about 15 years now.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Oh go on then:whistle: ( someone may recognise the SRAM kit);

View attachment 382469

Planet X XLS frame
Lauf Grit forks
SRAM Force shifters, mech and calipers
Shimano Sora cranks with Hope retainer ring (old Miche cranks in pic)
Halo Vapour 29er wheels with superdrive hub
Schwalbe X-One tubeless tyres
Hope floating discs,carbon seatpost and seatpost clamp
Genetic Digest bars
Deda bars and stem
Fabric Scoop shallow ti saddle
Sram X-1 chain
Shimano spd pedals
Hope R4+ light with soon to be added District rear(not shown)
Freebie no-brand bar tape
Alpkit bike bags
Planet X cages

When available the cranks will be changed to a Hope CX one9next year hopefully:thumbsup: )and calipers to Hope RX-4;pedals will be upgraded to Shimano XT or XTR ones.

Will swap out the bars and stem if Hope* ever make road/CX ones

This nearly got sold but decided to make an off-road 1X; it's been crashed already:rolleyes: but it's been on some good off-piste rides already.

*I 'may' be a Hope fanboi:becool: ;the only reason it hasn't got Hope hubs is because of the good price I get Halo kit:whistle:.
I think i remember that sram kit :cheers:

EddNog

Hello, all! Discovered this charming forum while digging around the internet for other people’s Lauf Grit-equipped whips. Found this thread and felt that it’s too tasty to pass up! As a passionate oval chainring rider, I’ve converted all of my bikes to 1X (because double ovals shift like poop).

First post, so I understand I can’t attach photos and my post gets pre-moderated, but I’ll give it a whirl anyway using TinyPic links...

My race/road/club ride/sportive/Sunday best bike was actually a cyclocross bike that came as a 1x11, but the range wasn’t nearly as wide as I like, so I expanded it with a 48/11-49 setup by way of a 48T direct-mount, narrow-wide oval, 11-42 cassette with Wolf Tooth GC 49 expander and a Wolf Tooth RoadLink:
2qxn7ua.jpg

My gravel grinder/groad/enduroad/adventure/all-road/bike-packing bike has been converted to a 1x11 44/11-52 setup by way of a 44T direct-mount, narrow-wide oval ring, 11-52 cassette (that’s not a typo) and Wolf Tooth RoadLink:
34eueki.jpg

I also converted my MTB’s stock
2x10 setup to 1x10 30/11-42 setup by way of a 30T narrow-wide oval chainring, 11-42 cassette and OneUp derailleur cage:
2s6kcuw.jpg

The two road bikes run SRAM Rival 1 long cage derailleurs; I had to hack the one on the gravel bike a little bit to deal with the insanely long chain.

-Ed

EddNog

@EddNog

Some funky kit there - liking the Raleigh!
Thanks! Sadly, the weather and schedule have conspired together against me for the past few weeks since I got the new wheels/tires, handlebars and drivetrain installed, so I’ve still yet to go out on a proper ride on the Raleigh. I only just got the new fork, shifters, wheels and drivetrain set up on my gravel bike as well, just a week ago, so haven’t had a proper chance to put that bike through its paces yet, either. In fact, I can’t decide which of the two I want to take out more when the darn weather and schedule finally cooperate! I just did a minor tire setup change on the plus hardtail that I DID get to try out, but it was a very slow and easy ride with my wife, who is about 7 months pregnant, so I couldn’t REALLY test it out, but it was a very minor change, and I don’t expect a drastic change (swapped out Rocket Ron 3.0 front/Nobby Nic 2.8 rear for Nobby Nic 2.8 front/Nobby Nic 2.6 w/Apex out rear).

I’m very, very anxious to see how the gravel bike’s drivetrain performs out on the roads and trails, since it works fine so far on the work stand, but that really doesn’t mean much in reality. Same for the Raleigh, but that one worries me a lot less since I’ve run an 11-50 cassette on there just fine for a couple of thousand miles already last season, just with 44T ring that I moved to the gravel bike, and I installed a 48T ring onto the Raleigh for this season. The 44T ring on the gravel bike is the more important change, as I was routinely spinning out the 38T that I ran all of last year, when on descents.

-Ed

OP
OP
J

jowwy

The new cube mtb/all road 1x11 xt di2 drivetrain

Xt di2 rear mech
Xt di2 display
Di2 climber switch
Internal (inside leftside of handlebar) battery
Braided rear di2 cable