show us your aluminium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Nice bike SJ - Campy rear wheel and Shimano front, isn't that a bit like mixing cross-ply and radials, is it safe?!! :smile:

Cough, apologies for posting the largest photo in the world, hope ColinJ doesn't spot it, I know he's a bit touchy about that sort of thing! :blush:
I have spotted it, and it is irritating me because I don't think Shaun has put the image caching back to what it was before he changed it for the Christmas decorations. That means that many times when I come back to threads with huge images in, my browser downloads them again - eventually! ;)

(I think I'll remind Shaun about the caching...)

subaqua

What’s the point
IMAG0252.jpg

my daily ride. real comfy too

vorsprung

Veteran
3400506659_b762f0a0ca_z.jpg

2004 Orbea Gavia Sport. Size XL (too big) Triple with 105. Upgraded with a different / stronger back wheel and a Brooks Swift
My summer commuter. Has been resting in the garage since September. It did do a wet Bryan Chapman Memorial 600km audax in 2006

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
My Secteur Comp, with 105 triple. Upgrades are : Fulcrum 3 wheels, Conti 4 season tyres, 105 brakes, 105 spd-sl pedals. I'm thinking of adding red bar tape for a splash of colour.

Jay

Attachments

• 10012011020.jpg
    10012011020.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 239

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Nice bike SJ - Campy rear wheel and Shimano front, isn't that a bit like mixing cross-ply and radials, is it safe?!! :smile:

Cough, apologies for posting the largest photo in the world, hope ColinJ doesn't spot it, I know he's a bit touchy about that sort of thing! :blush:
I'm mainly a Campag man, but the wheel was only £40 from CRC during a sale and I like minimalist spoking on the front. The frame is Scandium main tubes, still going well after six years.

Apologies for the large photo, but it took me all my IT knowledge to get that one up. One day I'll get the hang of this lark.

Goldie

Über Member
Here is my Alloy workhorse.

Now sports a pannier......... argh.......

DSCF3629a.jpg

New 'rear end'..........

DSCF4813.jpg

Sorry for the picture quote... I was going to ask if that was from Will's Wheels in Heaton Chapel but now the pictures are at full size I can see it is! I sort of knew they still built up bikes themselves - I guess they buy the frames in do they? Can you basically have what you want on it in terms of components?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sorry for the picture quote... I was going to ask if that was from Will's Wheels in Heaton Chapel but now the pictures are at full size I can see it is! I sort of knew they still built up bikes themselves - I guess they buy the frames in do they? Can you basically have what you want on it in terms of components?

You can have exactly what you want on them, or just get a frame. The frames are pretty generic to lots of LBS's and then painted to order. This frame I have is the same as the Pearson Touche.

My winter ride. Bought it as my introduction to road bikes, and was certainly not disappointed.
002.jpg

Wheels have since been upgraded to Mavic Ksyrium Elites

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
carrera virtuosso

Bought for £250 new from a bike radar guy who wanted a bigger bike

racer1.jpg

carrera TDF

Sold subway 1 and added £10 to get a bike as a commuting hack

picture001h.jpg

DTD

Veteran
mybikepimped.jpg

…and my commuter – Globe Roll 1 (didn't realise how boneshakery it was until I got the tractor-like Cannondale :-)

Top Bottom