Show us your Audax bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Here is mine. A Hewitt Chiltern. Just one day old and 80 miles done. Still shiney and silky smooth.

standalone

and I suppose before anyone asks what's holding it up I better post the pre-Photoshop pic as well :tongue:

hewitt-orig-jpg.21413.jpg

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
This is mine post audax (finish of the Mere 200*):-

8422043296_abbb635c35_z.jpg
13-01-27 Disco after Mere 200 1 by Chocolatebike1, on Flickr

And here it is with blingy new wheels and a big, big cassette:-

8598662634_fd4c524cf5_z.jpg
13-03-28 Dirty Disco Hope hubs Velocity A23 by Chocolatebike1, on Flickr

*Those aren't flotation devices although they would have been useful on the ride.

stevevw

Guru
This is mine,
Bespoke Paulus Quiros Super Randonneur Frame and Fork.
Hope Hub Rear.
SP disc front dynamo Hub.
Mavic Open Pro rims.
Sapim Spokes and red alloy nipples.
Avid BB7 brakes
Hope floating discs
Bluemels 50's-60's mudguards.
Miller 50's-60's rear light. With the guts taken out and filled with a capacitor and led's.
Edelux front light
Charging system in the steerer for gps, phone, ipod etc.
Campagnolo Aero seatpost
Brooks Professional saddle
Campagnolo Centaur black-red groupset
Bars now changed from the Easton EA70's to Zipp Service Course
Brooks bar tape with gel pads beneath.

IMG_3780_zps05f4f598.jpg

IMG_3778_zps69d330a0.jpg

IMG_3586_zpsc6295bf1.jpg

Finnjävel

That is truly the bike to rule all bikes.

Can I have it? :smile:

jags

Guru
This is mine,
Bespoke Paulus Quiros Super Randonneur Frame and Fork.
Hope Hub Rear.
SP disc front dynamo Hub.
Mavic Open Pro rims.
Sapim Spokes and red alloy nipples.
Avid BB7 brakes
Hope floating discs
Bluemels 50's-60's mudguards.
Miller 50's-60's rear light. With the guts taken out and filled with a capacitor and led's.
Edelux front light
Charging system in the steerer for gps, phone, ipod etc.
Campagnolo Aero seatpost
Brooks Professional saddle
Campagnolo Centaur black-red groupset
Bars now changed from the Easton EA70's to Zipp Service Course
Brooks bar tape with gel pads beneath.

IMG_3780_zps05f4f598.jpg

IMG_3778_zps69d330a0.jpg

IMG_3586_zpsc6295bf1.jpg
stunning bike defo the wow factor. what wat is the lights wired up i can't see any wire front or rear.

stevevw

Guru
stunning bike defo the wow factor. what wat is the lights wired up i can't see any wire front or rear.

The first picture you can see a red wire coming from the front light, this goes up in to the steerer where it joins to the charging system. The two red wires that go towards the down tube are an earth which has a terminal between the adjusters and the other is internally routed to the rear light through the down tube, BB, chain stay then up the seat stay exiting at a boss near the rear light. Power from the dynamo is by a double wire which runs inside the right fork leg and up to the charge system in the steerer where it is converted in to dc for the rear light and charger. An ac supply goes direct to the front light.
If I use the other non dynamo wheel the wiring connector has a little bracket to clip on to keeping it out of the way and safe. To be honest in hindsight I will probably never bother changing to the non dynamo wheel as it is so convenient being able to charge GPS, phone or iPod on the move.

P.H

Über Member
I don't have a dedicated Audax bike, rather three tourers of different levels of robustness and weight. I'm happy to Audax on each of them though there is a time penalty with the heavier bikes. For reasons too complicated to mention the lightest two are currently off the road, I've done the last six on the heavyweight. So my Audax bike is the one I'm Audaxing on and it's only that while that's what it's doing.
At Sutton on Sea on yesterdays Everyone Rides to Skeggy;
8732240022_ac093dd4bb_c.jpg

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Nice comfortable if a bit heavy Jamis Aurora reynolds steel tourer which I have been using on 100 km audax rides. 27 speed Tiagra stuff gets it up hills brookes saddle looks after my rear end nicely . (Brookes isnt standard.)
BetwsRideFeb008_zps69de3aff.jpg

On hilly 200s I use my Scott speedster 105 ,not so comfortable especially on sub perfect tarmac but 10 lb lighter.
011-9.jpg

Top Bottom