Show Us Your Carbon!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
Yep its the 'Olympic Neon Red' and was designed to show up on TV and photo's well, certainly bright :becool:

So i am looking at one of the fifteen in the UK.
smiley-cool14.gif

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
That's illegal that is. :whistle:

Yea but if I cheat, people might not notice I'm rubbish and I could get signed by a big American team, you mark my words in a few years I will be interviewed by such people as Oprah Winfrey :laugh:

Although I'm not using this as a race bike :angel:

Sillyoldman

Veteran
Now the snow has buggered off, here is the better picture I said I would post of the Olympic Tarmac. There are a few bits I'm changing on it and doing and seat post battery for the Di2.

I really like how few graphics the frame has which is due to advertising restrictions under Olympic rules. The colour is a matter of taste but I personally think the perl orange/black contrast works quite well

standalone

Something a bit different to the Venge

Phwoar. Love that.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Looks great V, enjoy!

Only nagging thing, the seatpost, needs to be Zipp (finishing kit has to match)! What H-bars you using? Same stem as I am using atm, very understated but as slick as it comes.

Svendo

Guru
It currently weights exactly 13lb (5.89kg) its got a bit of weight to come off as well.
Interested to know, where you going to lose the weight? Seat post or brakes would be my guess unless you're getting the drill out.
And finishing kit doesn't have to match at all.None of mine do, handle bars, stem amd seat post all different makes.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Interested to know, where you going to lose the weight? Seat post or brakes would be my guess unless you're getting the drill out.
And finishing kit doesn't have to match at all.None of mine do, handle bars, stem amd seat post all different makes.

That doesn't make me wrong, it makes you a criminal! :tongue:

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Interested to know, where you going to lose the weight? Seat post or brakes would be my guess.

The standard Di2 battery and mounting system is not particularly light, when this is replaced with a seat post battery conversion the weight will drop a bit further. I have a spin unobtainium billet cassette on order and some lightweight Jockey wheels to help further, I also have a fibre-light carbon chain ring to go on. The Zipp seat post is quoted as being a little lighter but I will not know till it gets here
Still undecided about pulling off the zipp decals, like I have on my other wheels, but they kinda suit the bike. (Even thinking about getting the decals remade to replace the white edge with orange)... who knows what I will do

The brakes can't lose much more weight without losing strength being TRP full carbon they already have titanium bolts etc

Svendo

Guru
That doesn't make me wrong, it makes you a criminal! :tongue:
He he he. Of the Fun loving sort!

For the record the Fenomalist G1(which appears above somewhere in its still new and unscratched and dinged days) currently wears:

FSA OS-99 alloy stem, v light and I got for ~£60, EA70 Aero wing bars less light but far from heavy and again ~£60 and a New Ultimate straight stem 120g and about £80 from wiggle (discount cos they messed me about and it was without packaging in the end), which replaced a 3T Doric. Half the fun was selecting components and sourcing them at best price.

Svendo

Guru
The standard Di2 battery and mounting system is not particularly light, when this is replaced with a seat post battery conversion the weight will drop a bit further. I have a spin unobtainium billet cassette on order and some lightweight Jockey wheels to help further, I also have a fibre-light carbon chain ring to go on. The Zipp seat post is quoted as being a little lighter but I will not know till it gets here
Still undecided about pulling off the zipp decals, like I have on my other wheels, but they kinda suit the bike. (Even thinking about getting the decals remade to replace the white edge with orange)... who knows what I will do

The brakes can't lose much more weight without losing strength being TRP full carbon they already have titanium bolts etc

Ah I missed that you'd 'tricked' the brakes already. That's some peachy gear, worthy of that special (ized) frame! Reckon you'll get another couple of hundred grams off it?

Top Bottom