Show us your E bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
With the popularity growing, lets see what you guys are rocking in the E bike fraternity

I just ordered this - Cube Acid one 400

cube-acid-hybrid-one-400-29-green-black-2018-2.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Hope you enjoy it

videoman

Guru
Nice looking bike you've had and just about to build one, new Carrera Subway Two with Yosepower rear hub motor kit and 16Ah battery. Wife's just purchased a Emu electric bike, no photos yet though.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
So no ones got an bike? Or doesn't want to admit to having one lol

View media item 9827Local rides up to 40 miles, and a ride through France, up to 38 hilly miles ending with an almost depleted battery, indicating no maybe less than 10 miles left available.
Absolutely zero issues with this in the year my OH has owned it, and probably a few hundred miles in total.

D

Deleted member 23692

My homemade street ripper, or should that be "street cheat"? :rolleyes:

It started off as a this Cube Hyde Race which I had owned for a few years...

Hyde Race 01-15 (Medium).jpg

...and then the idea of an ebike dawned.

However, due to the eccentric bottom bracket to tension the chain it wasn't possible to do a crank drive motor conversion on the Hyde, so in walked the superb and bargain priced Planet X London Road frame and all the bits got swapped over to make sure it worked with the Alfine hub, which it's not designed to do. It need a few bits modifying such as a new chainstay cable stop fitting and some way to tension the chain....

LR Flat Side (Medium).jpg

... so with that all working OK it was on with the crank drive motor and battery, and now I have this...

eAlfine side (Medium).JPG

Absolutely love it :smile:

All that low down weight makes it so stable and chuckable, and everyone who's ridden it has handed it me back with a big beaming grin on their faces... and most can't believe it's a home built jobbie.

Battery life is good for around 60 miles on the middle (2 out of 4) setting

Top Bottom