Show us your garden

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very nice, where are you located? I'm in the UK west midlands and here its been snowing and the garden is still in its winter slumber.

East Cambridgeshire; actually just checked and it was the end of February.

This was taken yesterday;

IMG_4099.jpeg

Taken a few days ago;

View attachment 681088

All tidied up the last couple of weeks after the winter but protection kept on some plants for this cold period.
Not sure if everything is ok, tree ferns are still wrapped as is the Schefflera and Daphniphyllum.
All Agaves and other tender stuff in pots tucked away in the greenhouse.

ooh looks warm! where's that?

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
My French garden... at last I've got the lawn looking like a lawn, and now I'm just waiting for the border planting to grow & create a semi-boundary between my garden and the neighbours'. I need to buy a few more this week to plant to fill gaps where two or thee of last years plants failed.

DSC07421.jpg

took a small risk & hope the condo police don't throw a fit. ever since some neighbor decide to publicize a trail thru the woods, right at our back door, we've lost some privacy & developed some erosion, to the point that it's dangerous to walk up & down a small slope, near our garden. basically turned to a mudslide. I took some 2x2 pressure treated sticks, cut them in half, drilled 2 holes each & used some 12" nails, to pound them into the ground forming crude steps. also sprinkled some grass seed & covered w/ some soil. here's hoping ...
View attachment 640308

looking better this spring
garden steps.jpg

got the palm plants started outside. the one that over wintered in a pot was ready & the tubers that spent the winter dried out in a box in our basement will be much happier outside now that they sprouted again. I gave the tree away so while I'll miss it, I'm glad it has a new home
View attachment 646885

View attachment 646886

View attachment 646887

View attachment 646888

had 2 plants over winter in pots & cut back the tubers for a dark ride in the basement, then restarted them in March. got them in the ground this weekend. hoping they do well like I'm used to

these were just bulbs under dirt in March. I'm rather proud of them
1.JPG

they should perk up in a few weeks
2.JPG

this photo from summer 2021
summer 2021.jpg

All uphill

Still rolling along
Our garden.

The oak tree is on the boundary of the garden.

The Quantocks in the distance.

20230527_120037.jpg

Top Bottom