Show us your Marin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Marin 1sml.jpg

My Marin Attack Trail ......... Love it!!

Only photo I have on FaceBook of my old Pine Mountain
(on Lap-top, at moment, may have pics scanned onto the PC though - will look later)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...36143290.1073741825.1601508436&type=3&theater

Sorry, no other pics on PC (all scanned from prints. Obviously)
Only ones I have of wife on MTB are of her on the Orange 'Aluminium O' that replaced ithe B-V

simonali

Guru
2008 (2007MY maybe?) Novato urban, hybrid thingy. This was the one I got just after I joined here. Had it modded at the time of purchase with Point Reyes forks, which were better looking than the spindly alloy or steel ones that were standard fitment. It now needs a new saddle as the one in the pics has been donated to its successor. Interesting fact: I've never had a puncture on this bike.

Image210.jpg

DSC01361.JPG

My 1993 Marn Eldridge Grade which doesn't have all that many original parts left on it. This was my commuting bike for a few years back when I were proper keen and didn't even possess a driving license. I've not ridden it once since getting its usurper in 2008, but I can't bring myself to get shot of it either...

IMG_0264.JPG

There is another Marin in the garage that belongs to the missus, who only rode it about 5 times. I think it is a Bear Valley, but I may be wrong.

These are all old photos by the way. I can't be doing with taking new ones. I'm gonna hazard a guess that the bottom one was taken about 2004 because I dug up that grass on the left not long after we moved in.

brucers

Guru
100_1704.JPG
100_1705.JPG
Recently picked up this retro Stinson. Best bike I have had, pedals along like a racer, very well balanced plus I like it's quirky retro looks. as a result I am looking to get another Marin from the same era.

Last edited:

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
The last time I was in Argos Racung Cycles, they'd just resprayed a classic early 90s Marin. Sadly the fluo green forks and details couldn't be replicated (no-one ever wants fluo lacquers* now and they don't advertise them) so they'd just used a bright plain green.

*fluo paint is a special lacquer over a white basecoat. Very popular once but it gradually fades if exposed to sunlight.

brucers

Guru
Not your usual Marin, modern retro look. Called a Bridgeway, took off a rear rack and put on a more retro saddle just for these pics. PS, it is for sale, see classifieds.
100_1842.JPG
100_1843.JPG
100_1844.JPG

Top Bottom