Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
RIMG0053.jpg

Here's mine. It's just a cheap Tange frame, use this bike for all sorts of stuff. Mostly commuting, trailer-pulling, touring, general winter bike. It's heavy and a bit crap (it gets all the hand-me-down parts from other bikes) but it fits me well and rides well.

The Dinottes cost more than the parts used to build this.

jasper

Nice bikes there rjeffroy...

peanut

Love the Ribble Dibble . :biggrin:
I have one in Flo pink :smile: its such a nice frame. Through the top tube cable and every conceivable braize-on. Good quality frames but let down by the appalling paint finish.Decals just stuck on with no laquer over the paint.
Must get it re-finished :smile: Always wondered who built them

fossyant said:
3 Steel here......

Ribble 653 and Ultegra
DSCF0893.jpg

khushy

My Peugeot . . .

Perthus Pro bought new in 1989 - been a faithful friend ever since.

This pic is how it looked until April last year.

Its been totally refurbished - new chrome and Campag Record 2008 throught'ed.

Having always had this bike, until last year I had never ridden a carbon bike - but last year I also bought myself a Colnago CLX frame and built that up with Record 08 as well - amazing bike.

Love them both for different reasons - here are the specs . . .

Peugeot Perthus Pro - 753 - 20" - Campag Record 08 Race-Feel Groupset + Ceramic Bearings in the UT Compact Chainset + 21-23 block + Campag Record Hubs and Mavic Reflex rims + Gatorskinz Tubs + Deda 26.0mm bars + Ritchey 70mm A Head Stem on a Stem Adapter + Mavic WinTech Wireless Computer + Selle SLR Gel Flow Saddle + Ritchey Carbon 27mm Seatpost + Look Keo Carbon Pedals

Colnago CLX Frame - 45s - Campag Record 08 Race-Feel Groupset + Ceramic Bearings in the UT Compact Chainset + 21-23 block + Mavic Ksyrium SL Premium Wheels + Michelin Pro Race Tyres + Deda 26.00 bars + 90mm Ritchey Stem + Selle T1 08 Saddle + Mavic WinTech Wireless Computer + Look Keo Carbon Pedals

I have really tried to keep both bikes the same in terms of equipment so that if one fails its a quick swap-job to either jump on the other or change bits over.

Dimensionally - they are set up identically but they ride completely differently - the Pug bends and shifts with each pedal-stroke while the Colnago is as stiff as a board.

They are both beautiful - I love riding them.

bonj2

my steel fixed
3187529479_560d5d0f71_b.jpg

MajorMantra

Smokin Joe said:
Can people please stop putting back brakes on fixed wheel bikes?

It's not cool, it's not clever, and it's not nescessary :blush:

There are perfectly legitimate reasons to have a back brake on a fixed gear. It lets you have two brake hoods (best all-round position for riding in town) and if for some reason you feel the need to brake in slippery conditions it's a lot safer than using the front brake.

Matthew

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
MajorMantra said:
There are perfectly legitimate reasons to have a back brake on a fixed gear. It lets you have two brake hoods (best all-round position for riding in town) and if for some reason you feel the need to brake in slippery conditions it's a lot safer than using the front brake.

Matthew
A bit of back pressure on the pedals is as good as any rear brake (which is why the law allows you to do without) as they only have the stopping power of a blamange before they lock up. Two hoods ok, but no caliper, please.

Top Bottom