Show us your tandem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
This is Tony, our lockdown purchase that we haven’t quite yet ridden! We are getting there though! He’s a Burley, imported directly from Eugene, Oregon by the previous owners!

Attachments

• F5F0C269-20FA-43E9-9348-9A0DA7298355.jpeg
    F5F0C269-20FA-43E9-9348-9A0DA7298355.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 35
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/coventry-eagle-triple-ace-convertable-tandem.242779/page-6

This is my Coventry Eagle Triple Ace Convertable Tandem. I bought it to do up . I finally got round to test riding it last year in single and tandem form . It is from 1950. I need to sort out the Sturmey Archer gear lever and to buy a new cable . For the test ride I cobbled up a friction shifter, it worked until the cable went ping !

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
534kms later and still loving our Orbit... up to Capheaton cafe twice these last two weekends- we're still chuckling climbing hills.

Attachments

• tempImageeg80v4.png
    tempImageeg80v4.png
    599 KB · Views: 26

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
Frau Fritz found herself a bit wobbly last summer after a hip operation. I suggested a tandem as a way to exercise with the advantage of some help via my balancing the machine... and she took the bait!

I bought this used brute for her at a local second hand shop and its been a ton of fun. Most importantly she loves it. Which means I get a new fun thing to do with Der Frau!

So may I present, Frau Fritz’s 1996 Cannondale MT1000 “ Los Dos”:

18831C8D-2C11-491B-BA03-D9EA45AFA1A2.jpeg

I just had to fit it with nicer seats and a control layout which gets along with our older backs.

stilts

IMG_5555.jpeg
bought this yesterday needs some work to sort the gears out but was great fun riding the 5 miles home. Has anyone swapped the 26inch wheels for 27.5? I’m also thinking of changing the drive to 1X has anyone done this?

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
bought this yesterday needs some work to sort the gears out but was great fun riding the 5 miles home. Has anyone swapped the 26inch wheels for 27.5? I’m also thinking of changing the drive to 1X has anyone done this?

Don’t wide ratio 1x drive trains use a narrower chain? I’d wonder if it would last hauling around a heavy tandem or would you be throwing chains at it all the time.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
This is Quentin the Viking Tarrantino. He’s just a smidge too small for my 6‘2” pilot, despite doing a fair bit of wiggling. There was only one bottle cage so we got crafty with some cable ties.

Then we got organised and bought our Orbit, which fits.

Attachments

• IMG_4250.jpeg
    IMG_4250.jpeg
    335.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4294.jpeg
    IMG_4294.jpeg
    318.4 KB · Views: 16

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
This is Quentin the Viking Tarrantino. He’s just a smidge too small for my 6‘2” pilot, despite doing a fair bit of wiggling. There was only one bottle cage so we got crafty with some cable ties.

Then we got organised and bought our Orbit, which fits.

Very nice tandem, and your house isn't too shabby either!

Top Bottom