Show us your Titanium....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Location
Hertfordshire
Very nice bike Ian, I fancy a Ti bike myself sometime soon.
 

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Location
Rides Ti2
Very nice bike Ian, I fancy a Ti bike myself sometime soon.


Do it bud.
I know you was looking at getting one a while back.
I did a 110 miles on it yesterday and apart from the lad Mista Preston pushing me along at a rate of knots. I got off the bike feeling I could quite easily have done double the distance. The comfy ride? Believe the hype my man.
 

rb58

Enigma
Location
Bexley, Kent
now Ti bolts, I have been tempted...been a bit worried about the possibility of Ti binding to Ti...have you used some form of anti sieze or this just an overblown internet myth?
I think that's more of a problem when two different metals are it in tight contact, not two of the same type. Certainly hasn't been a problem on mine.
 

rb58

Enigma
Location
Bexley, Kent
Did you compare the total weight's of the ti bolt to the normal bolts Ian?
I did. Mine were about a third of the weight of the stainless steel equivalent. Not that it makes any difference to a porky like me, but it just had to be done.

I'm going one further than Ian though, I'm having Ti tyres made :laugh:
 

nick.b

Veteran
Location
st neots
HPIM0082.JPG
HPIM0084.JPG


My pride and joy 8)
 

nick.b

Veteran
Location
st neots
Those handlebars, are they Pro Vibe 7S? How do you find them? Are they stiff, any flex at all?

not 100% sure on the model of them, all i can see is PRO PLT without taking the bar tape off, as for flex, i find them nice and stiff, but also im 10.5st so i find flex on bars less of an issue then many seem to.

but on a differnt note, im planning of changing them the bars and stem(110mm), as i want angled bars and a 100mm stem, so if these were the ones give me a shout because atm its hard to justify the expense.
 
Top Bottom