Show us your Titanium....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

choplee

I was going to say that bike is crying out for Dura Ace but that's sorted now :thumbsup:

are those Aero forks?

I've got the Litespeed Icon frame which is the one below your one and it was good running Ultegra, but when i upped to Dura Ace
and sorted the wheels (DA C35s') and (handbuilt DA open pros- for winter) that the frame lived up to it's potential

enjoy

your right it was a budget thing to go ultegra and i do love it ,as it's pretty bulletproof ,but when the rotor didn't workout then it was a free for all at the bike shop and they just did it without me totally knowing what was going on.....lol.... glad they did ...

the forks are the easton carbon aero forks and seem to work well with the frame ..

just having a stem length issue 100 0r 110 ...they let me have both to try ....:bicycle:

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Took the stickers off the Fulcrum wheels
image.jpg

Onyer

Etape 2.jpg

Here is my Enigma Etape and what a lovely ride it is too. Silky smooth and quite fast (for me anyway)
Full Ultegra 6800 groupset
Handbuilt wheels - via components hubs (very quiet), Sapin CX Ray spokes and H Son Plus archtype rims
Torus titanium seat post with Prologo scratch Pro seat, with titanium rails.
Ritchey C260 stem with FSA Compact Bars

Planning on a tour in France at the beginning of June.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
View attachment 43775
Here is my Enigma Etape and what a lovely ride it is too. Silky smooth and quite fast (for me anyway)
Full Ultegra 6800 groupset
Handbuilt wheels - via components hubs (very quiet), Sapin CX Ray spokes and H Son Plus archtype rims
Torus titanium seat post with Prologo scratch Pro seat, with titanium rails.
Ritchey C260 stem with FSA Compact Bars

Planning on a tour in France at the beginning of June.

Gorgeous....

simon.r

Person
I couldn't resist this Enigma Esprit frame when it came up on eBay. Most of the bits have been transferred from another bike. I've de-stickered the frame and ordered a proper head tube badge from Enigma, but apart from that it's finished. Only had a 6 mile shakedown ride so far, but it did feel as if it was purring along:smile: I'm really looking forward to getting the first proper ride on it tomorrow.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Venod

Eh up
I sold the cross bike & one of my mountain bikes with the intention of getting a nice bit of carbon but I got seduced by the lure of another titanium steed and ended up building this.

VN_zpsb7ab37b6.jpg

I have a Kinesis Gran Fondo Ti that takes guards & a rack, this is more race geometry and you can tell the difference, but both are great to ride,

Venod

Eh up
What forks do you have with that? Also what wheels are they? great looking bike.

The forks are Van Nicholas SLR full carbon, The wheels are H Plus Son rims with Novatec hubs 28h. I built them myself, I am reluctant to go below 28 spokes with the state of the roads, I know a lot of people run with less spokes so my fears may be unfounded.

lmow20

If it ain't titanium, it's not that cool.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Time to rescue this thread from the depths of page 3.

SAM_0146.JPG
SAM_0151.JPG

Picked up this afternoon from Fatbirds - a Van Nicholas Ventus with Ti bottle cage & some personalisation touches - graphics removed from top tube and down tube...

SAM_0147.JPG

Chris King Headset and Titanium spacers (Ti seat post collar not shown)

SAM_0149.JPG

Standards SRAM 172.5 cranks & compact inner ring replaced with 175mm cranks & a 38 tooth ring.

SAM_0148.JPG

Gratuitous shot of the drop-out area detailing.

Only had time for a quick 10 mile test ride late this afternoon, but my initial impressions are of a fantastic soft ride which smooths out the worst of the lousy roads round here.

Top Bottom