show us your trailers…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
here's mine, burley encore with optional buggy wheel adapter. used to carry a five year old and a one year old on a family ride today. the 'boot' is big enough for a track pump, among other things (coats, snacks, kitchen sink etc). kids love going in, and i never get so much space on the road from motorists as when i've got this behind my back wheel…

burley.jpg

Lozatron

How does this compare, sizewise, with the 2-seater Cruzer? We are currently using one of these (have a 4 and a 2 year old) and it's utterly brilliant - it's removed about half of our family car trips...and the kids love it...*but* - can't get the bloody thing down the back alley into the back garden, so have to chain it to the bin out the front, which is most inconvenient!

With regards to boot size - one can easily fit in food for dinner, half a dozen bottles of wine and the kids coats with room to spare, as I know for a certainty...

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
bike pics 058.jpg

Had a morning in the garden so had to load my trailer up to take the rubbish it to the local tip, thought I would take a pic and show the world while I was about it. The bike is my 'ute' as the ozzies would say. Its the same frame as my road bike but steel instead of alluminium, and of course has all the extras my other bike goes without, mudguards, carrier and when needed, panniers. Otherwise all the equipment, drive train, handlebars, forks etc are the same. I do run lower gearing on this bike, to acomodate the extra weight of the trailer. This is my ride in bad weather too.

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
How does this compare, sizewise, with the 2-seater Cruzer? We are currently using one of these (have a 4 and a 2 year old) and it's utterly brilliant - it's removed about half of our family car trips...and the kids love it...*but* - can't get the bloody thing down the back alley into the back garden, so have to chain it to the bin out the front, which is most inconvenient!

With regards to boot size - one can easily fit in food for dinner, half a dozen bottles of wine and the kids coats with room to spare, as I know for a certainty...
don't know about size, but it does fold down to a decently small size, which might be useful, given your issue...

octobahn

Regular
I don't have pics handy but a use a Burley Travoy for errands and a Weehoo iGo to bike around town with my 5 year old. Both hitches attached to my Trek hybrid which makes my seat post look a bit busy.

octobahn

Regular
Tried to post a picture of the trailer but I don't have permission to do so.

It is some posting minimum I have to hit first?

okeydokey79

Just brought a v.g.c.2nd hand halfords trail buggy, cant wait get it fitted to the mtb and take my little girl out in it, will take a pic when ive got her in it^_^

adds21

Rider of bikes
That is mega. I pull a tagalong with a six yr old but cannot imagine hitching a trailer behind. How does it handle on corners/descents?

It's fine actually. Quite heavy obvously, but as long as you remember to take corners winder than normal, it's okay. We even managed a small amount of off-roading on the way there!

It's even more fun when it's connected to the tandem... :whistle:

Top Bottom